Emerson, Lake & Palmer
The Birth of a Band: Isle of Wight Festival (DualDisc)
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
- Released: April 18, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Eagle Rock Entertainment
- 1.Pictures at an Exhibition
- 2.Take a Pebble
- 5.Pictures at an Exhibition [DVD]
- 6.Take a Pebble [5.1 Surround Sound]
- 7.Rondo [5.1 Surround Sound]
- 8.Nutrocker [5.1 Surround Sound]
- 9.Bonus Material [DVD]
Emerson, Lake & Palmer: Keith Emerson (vocals, keyboards, synthesizer); Greg Lake (vocals, bass guitar); Carl Palmer (drums, percussion).
Liner Note Author: Dave Ling.
The 1970 Isle of Wight festival featured some of the last performances of '60s icons Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison, and saw the debut of Emerson, Lake, & Palmer, one of the bands that epitomized the first half of the '70s. On stage in front of over half a million people, ELP turn in a dynamic show, featuring four pieces that were later to become audience favorites, including their version of Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition" and the prog rock outing "Take a Pebble." This live recording, with all its sonic imperfections and the musicians' obvious nervousness apparent, shows the birth of the supergroup that, for better or worse, first welded rock to the classics.
Live at the Royal Albert Hall: 25th Anniversary Concert (DVD)
$8.98 on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
All You Need Is Love: The Story of Popular Music, Volume... (DVD)
$5.90 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 9,191
- UPC: 801213013593
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Musical & Performing Arts: Pop Music Movie Categories:
- 10,000 Maniacs Time Capsule: Filmed 1982-1993 (DVD) ~ $11.75
2Pac Tupac - Complete Live Performances (2-DVD) ~
$15.96 Super Savings
- 2Pac Tupac - Live at the House of Blues (DVD) ~ $9.22
ABBA In Concert (DVD) ~
$13.10 Super Savings
- ABBA The Movie (DVD) ~ $17.98