Sons of the Pioneers The Sons of the Pioneers: Ultimate Collection
|You Save:||$1.10 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 21, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Hip-O Records
- 1.Way Out There
- 2.Tumbling Tumbleweeds
- 3.There's a Round Up in the Sky
- 4.Empty Saddles
- 5.Blue Prairie
- 6.One More Ride
- 7.So Long to the Red River Valley
- 8.Cool Water
- 9.I'm an Old Cowhand (From the Rio Grande)
- 10.The Hills of Old Wyoming
- 11.Blue Bonnet Girl
- 12.Ride, Ranger, Ride
- 13.Echoes from the Hills
- 14.I Follow the Stream
- 15.My Saddle Pals and I
- 16.Song of the Bandit
- 17.I Wonder If She Waits for Me Tonight
- 18.Chant of the Wanderer
- 19.Riders in the Sky
- 20.The Lillies Grow High
- 21.The River of No Return
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Sons Of The Prarie includes: Pat Brady (vocals, bass); Roy Rogers, Bob Nolan, Tim Spencer (vocals); Karl Farr (guitar, fiddle).
Compilation producers: Colin Escott, Laurence Zwisohn.
Recorded between August 8, 1934 and April 19, 1954. Includes liner notes by Colin Escott.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Liner Note Authors: Colin Escott; Larry Zwisohn.
Recording information: 08/08/1934-04/19/1954.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Lloyd Perryman; Hugh & Karl Farr; Pat Brady; Tim Spencer; Bob Nolan.
For really exhaustive coverage of the work of this groundbreaking cowboy harmony group, you'll want to invest in the Bear Family series; for a quick, budget-priced overview, try this label's Tumbling Tumbleweeds compilation. But for a more generously packed and lushly packaged overview collection (at full price), this is an excellent choice. It consists mainly, of course, of all the genre-defining hits you'll expect: "Cool Water," "I'm an Old Cowhand," "Riders in the Sky," "So Long to the Red River Valley," and more. Pre-1937 recordings feature the singing of founding member Roy Rogers, who is heard to particularly fine effect on the gorgeous "Blue Bonnet Girl," and one track (the jazzy "I'm an Old Cowhand") even features a guest vocal by Bing Crosby. The sound is of limited quality, but that's to be expected with vintage recordings. Highly recommended. ~ Rick Anderson
Wheeling West Virginia: October 2, 1976 (Live) (CD)
$16.55 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE