- Feature-Length Audio Commentary
- Original Documentary: Mackin' Ain't Easy
- Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Menus
- Audio: English [CC]
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 3, 2002
- Originally Released: 1973
- Label: New Line Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Stereo Surround - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: MACKIN' AIN'T EASY
- Audio Commentary: Max Julien - Star, Robert J. Poole - Screenwriter, Harvey Bernhard - Producer, Michael Campus - Director, Dick Anthony Williams - Star, Don Gordon - Star, Annazette Chase - Star, George Murdock - Star
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 05/23/2003
"...The film's crackling dialogue and pimp politics have been recycled by everyone from Dr. Dre to the Wu-Tang Clan..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Max Julien is The Mack, a sharp, smooth-talking hustler, who's back on the streets after five years in prison. He's joined by his street-wise sidekick Slim (comic legend Richard Pryor, Stir Crazy, Silver Streak) and tough-talkin' brother (Roger E Mosley, A Thin Line Between Love and Hate, TV's "Magmum P.I."). They've got the brains, the muscle and the cool to take on the takers and push out the pushers. It takes a street fighter to clean up the streets. It takes The Mack and his pack to do it right!
A black pimp in Oakland decides that it's high time to clean up the streets, so he initiates a campaign of violence. Max Julien stars as the eponymous Mack, a fast-talking, smooth hustler who has just been released from prison. With his trusty brother (Roger E. Mosley) and witty sidekick Slim (legendary comedian Richard Pryor), Mack is armed to clean up the streets. This action-packed crime caper also gives a searing yet fun look into urban street life.
Goldie's a cutthroat, penny-pinching black businessman, eager to climb to the top of his profession. Just because he's a pimp doesn't mean he wants any less than the very best cars, clothes and women. But when he finally gets what he wants, he'll have more than he bargained for: white detectives, crooked cops and other pushy pimps moving in on him. Goldie's top Mack now, but he may not be for long.
Race Relations |
- Additional cast members include: Paul Harris, Kal Hernancdez, Annazette Chase, Junero Jennings, Lee Duncan, Stu Gilliam, Sandra Brown, Christopher Brooks, Fritz Ford, John Vick, Norman McClure and David Mauro.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 56 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
Goldie Is The Man!
Movie Lover: Myke-N-Ike
-- February, 12, 2008
This is a must have movie for those who appreciate the blaxploitation era of film making. The clothes, cars, women and lifestyle of the P.I.M.P Embraced by the Hip-Hop generation, "The Mack" has been immortalized everywhere from the lyrics of Rap music, to episodes in modern day sitcoms. Definately one to check out! Favorite line from the movie: When Goldie is asked what he plans to do once he gets all the money, all the power and all the women? Why he is going to..."Stir It ALLLL Up!!"(Now THAT'S BIG PIMPIN')
- Sales Rank: 26,873
- UPC: 794043556623
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item