Johnny Cash The Best of Johnny Cash [Curb]
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$6.75 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.23 (32% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 13, 1991
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Curb Records
- 1.Ring of Fire
- 2.A Boy Named Sue
- 3.Sunday Morning Coming Down
- 4.Folsom Prison Blues
- 5.I Walk the Line
- 6.Ballad of a Teenage Queen
- 7.Guess Things Happen That Way
- 8.The Ways of a Woman in Love
- 9.Get Rhythm
- 10.That Old Wheel
- 11.The Long Black Veil
Personnel includes: Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Jr., Razzy Bailey.
Includes liner notes by Barry Alfonso.
Born in Arkansas, Johnny Cash began his musical career in the early 50s, following his discharge from the Air Force. Cash developed his sound with Luther Perkins (lead guitar) and Marshall Grant (bass). Their debut, 'Hey Porter'/'Cry, Cry, Cry', emerged in 1955 on Sun Records followed by 'Folsom Prison Blues' and 'I Walk The Line'. In 1958 Carl Perkins' drummer, W.S. Holland, joined and Cash switched to Columbia Records, on which his 'Don't Take Your Guns To Town' sold half a million. Cash married June Carter in 1968 and they had several hit duets. Solo, Cash recorded At Folsom Prison which remains his best album and a contender for the best country record of all time. Shel Silverstein gave him 'A Boy Named Sue', which became Cash's only Top 10 pop hit. Cash has recorded many religious albums including The Gospel Road, with Kris Kristofferson, Larry Gatlin, and the Statler Brothers.
Cash moved to Mercury Records in 1986 and found success immediately with 'The Night Hank Williams Came To Town' and an all-star album, Water From The Wells Of Home, with Emmylou Harris, the Everly Brothers, Paul McCartney. His contribution to country music is inestimable.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$16.98 LABOR DAY
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- George Jones / Tammy Wynette Golden Ring / Near You (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- The Browns Complete As & Bs and More 1954 - 62 (CD) ~ $14.22 LABOR DAY
- Freddy Fender Before The Next Teardrop Falls (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Charlie Rich Early Years / The Memphis Sound (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Eddie Rabbitt Country Classics (CD) ~ $3.99 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE