Chet Atkins Guitar Legend: The RCA Years (2-CD)
Only 7 copies left
|You Save:||$0.50 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: April 4, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Buddha
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Canned Heat
- 2.The Nashville Jump
- 3.Dizzy Strings
- 4.Tellin' My Troubles to My Old Guitar
- 5.Dance of the Goldenrod
- 6.Galloping on the Guitar
- 7.Centipede Boogie
- 8.Main Street Breakdown
- 9.Indian Love Call
- 10.Mountain Melody
- 11.Jitterbug Waltz
- 13.Nobody's Sweetheart - (previously unreleased)
- 14.Chinatown, My Chinatown
- 15.Fiddle Patch
- 16.Darkness on the Delta, (When It's)
- 17.High Rockin' Swing
- 18.Guitars on Parade - (previously unreleased)
- 19.Oh by Jingo!
- 20.The Bells of St. Mary's
- 21.Country Gentleman
- 22.Memphis Blues
- 23.Downhill Drag
- 24.Ballin' the Jack - (previously unreleased)
- 25.Silver Bell
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Mister Sandman
- 2.New Spanish Two Step - (previously unreleased)
- 3.Poor People of Paris, The (Jean's Song)
- 4.Tweedlee Dee
- 5.Dance With Me, Henry, (The Wallflower)
- 6.Blue Ocean Echo
- 8.Dig These Blues
- 10.Walk Don't Run
- 11.Hot Toddy
- 13.Frankie and Johnny
- 14.Windy and Warm
- 15.Early Times
- 16.Satan's Doll
- 17.So Rare
- 18.Yakety Axe
- 19.Blue Angel
- 20.Steeplechase Lane
- 21.Black Mountain Rag
- 22.Take Five
- 23.Blue Finger
- 25.Carolina Shout
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Chet Atkins (vocals, guitar, bass); "Sister" Billie Rose Atkins (vocals); Jimmy Atkins, Hank Snow, Jerry Reed, Mark Casstevens (guitar); Jerry Byrd (steel guitar); Dale Potter (fiddle); Charlie McCoy (harmonica, vibraphone); Joe Biviana (accordion); Boots Randolph (saxophone); Marvin Hughes (piano, organ, celeste); "Papa" John Gordy, Floyd Cramer, Hargus Robbins (piano); Kossie Gardner (organ); Charles R. Green, Holly Swanson, Johnny Johnson (bass); Buddy Harman, Larrie Londin (drums).
Producers: Stephen H. Sholes, Charles R. Grean, Chet Atkins, Bob Ferguson.
Compilation producers: Rob Santos, Rich Kienzle.
Recorded between 1947 and 1978. Includes liner notes by Rich Kienzle.
Digitally remastered by Elliott Federman (SAJE Sound, New York, New York).
It's safe to say that Chet Atkins invented what we know as the country guitar style. But this brilliantly programmed retrospective shows that Atkins was equally fluent in scores of other styles. There's not a dud to be found on GUITAR LEGEND: THE RCA YEARS. Each of these tracks, recorded between 1947 and 1978, is a delight. And Atkins makes it all look so easy.
GUITAR LEGEND… is nothing but highlights, though Atkins' stunning solo-guitar transcription of Dave Brubeck's signature piano tune "Take Five" stands out. So does "Centipede Boogie," featuring an up-the-neck solo that scores of rockabilly guitarists (and later George Harrison) were quick to appropriate. And the lightly swinging, tongue-in-cheek instrumental "Satan's Doll" suggests something a diabolical Duke Ellington might have composed.
Chet Atkins And His Guitar / The Guitar Genius (CD)(5)
$3.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE