Albert Collins Truckin' With Albert Collins
20 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.84 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.11 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 3, 2003
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Fontana MCA
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Frosty
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Hot 'N Cold
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Frostbite
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Tremble
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Thaw Out
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Dyin' Flu
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Don't Lose Your Cool
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Backstroke
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Kool Aide
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Shiver 'N Shake
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Icy Blue
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Snow - Cone Ii
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Albert Collins (vocals, guitar); Henry Hayes (alto saxophone); Big Tiny (tenor saxophone); Frank Mitchell (trumpet); Walter McNeil (organ); Bill Johnson (bass); Herbert Henderson (drums).
Principally recorded in Houston, Texas from 1962 to 1963. Originally released in 1965 as "THE COOL SOUND OF ALBERT COLLINS" (TCF-8002). Includes original release liner notes by Pete Welding.
TRUCKIN' WITH ALBERT COLLINS is a replica of the 1969 Blue Thumb reissue (BT-8).
Composer: Albert Collins.
Personnel: Albert Collins (vocals, guitar); Henry Hayes (alto saxophone); Big Tiny (tenor saxophone); Frank Mitchell (trumpet); Walter McNeil (organ); Herbert Henderson (drums).
Liner Note Author: Pete Welding.
Recording information: Houston, TX (1962-1963).
A re-titled reissue of the 1965 album THE COOL SOUND OF ALBERT COLLINS, this set of early sessions shows the style of this blues-guitar behemoth already clearly defined. Collins plays in minor tuning and plucks the strings aggressively with his right hand, giving his playing--even at this stage--an utterly distinctive sound. The set list features Collins's original, groove-inflected instrumentals (he turns in one vocal performance on "Dyin' Flu"), with tenor sax, alto sax, and trumpet adding punchy lines and jazzy solos over comping from a tight bass-drums-and-organ rhythm section.
The centerpiece here, naturally, is Collins's guitar work. His sharp, carefully crafted leads are impressive throughout--he uses space to excellent effect, and he values interplay with the rhythm section over standard flashy showboating. TRUCKIN' contains many of Collins's best-known tunes, including "Frostbite" and "Frosty." (Reputedly, both Johnny Winter and Janis Joplin--teenagers at the time--were present in the studio when Collins cut "Frosty." Joplin predicted the song would be a hit. She was right--it sold millions, and became one of Collins's signature songs). For essential early offerings from this blues master, TRUCKIN' WITH ALBERT COLLINS is at the top of the list.
The Best of Blues Guitars - 20th Century Masters /... (CD)(3)
$8.34 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duke Ellington Duke's Mixture / At the Bal Masque (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE