Fleetwood Mac Fleetwood Mac 
Only 10 copies left
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 12, 2004
- Label: Blue Horizon
- 1.My Heart Beat Like a Hammer - (Take 2)
- 2.Merry Go Round - (Remix, Take 2)
- 3.Long Grey Home
- 4.Hellhound on My Trail - (Remix, Take 1)
- 5.Shake Your Moneymaker
- 6.Looking for Somebody
- 7.No Place to Go
- 8.My Baby's Good to Me
- 9.I Loved Another Woman
- 10.Cold Black Night
- 11.The World Keep on Turning
- 12.Got to Move
- 13.My Heart Beat Like a Hammer - (Take 1)
- 14.Merry-Go-Round - (Take 1)
- 15.I Loved Another Woman /I Loved Another Woman ... - (Take 1)
- 16.I Loved Another Woman /I ... - (Remix, Take 5)
- 17.Cold Black Night /Cold Black Night ... - (Take 2)
- 18.You're So Evil
- 19.I'm Coming Home to Stay
Fleetwood Mac: Peter Green (vocals, guitar, harmonica); John McVie, Bob Brunning (bass guitar); Jeremy Spencer, Mick Fleetwood.
Personnel: Jeremy Spencer (vocals, guitar, slide guitar, piano); Mick Fleetwood (drums).
Liner Note Author: Mike Vernon.
Recording information: CBS Studio, London, England (??/??/1967-12/11/1967); Decca Studio, West Hampstead, London, England (??/??/1967-12/11/1967).
PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC, the band's full-length debut, is miles removed from commercially tailored soft rock of Fleetwood Mac's 1970s incarnation. The '60s version of the band, led by guitarist/singer Peter Green, was edgy, psychedelic, and rooted deeply in the blues. Green's love of revved-up 12-bar jams, raw boogie grooves, and shredding electric leads come together beautifully on this album, with the help of slide guitarist/singer/pianist Jeremy Spencer, drummer Mick Fleetwood, and bassist John McVie.
With the exception of Spencer, the members had played together in John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, and took the slashing, mercurial sound and lock-step interplay from that outfit and--arguably--improved on it. Though the album is steeped in traditional blues and includes covers of tunes by Robert Johnson ("Hellhound on My Trail"), Howlin' Wolf ("No Place to Go"), and Elmore James ("Got to Move"), the compositions penned by Green and Spencer stand up, especially the subtler singing and playing by Green (as on "Looking for Somebody"). Released at time when the market was glutted with amped-up British blues, PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC stands above the competition with its superior musicianship and gutsy punch. It remains a template for hard-driving blues-rock.
Fleetwood MacThe Original Fleetwood Mac [Columbia Bonus Tracks]
$10.81 Super Savings
The Best of Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac [Columbia] (CD)(19)
$9.74 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 19 ratings.
Based on 19 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
40 Blue Fingers Freshly Packed & Ready to Serve (CD)
$13.58 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE