Quincy Jones The Birth of a Band
Only 6 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.90 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.09 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Quincy Jones ~ Great World of Quincy Jones ~ $10.79
- Released: January 26, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Essential Jazz Class
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Tuxedo Junction
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Syncopated Clock
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Choo Choo Ch'Boogie
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Hucklebuck
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Midnight Sun Will Never Set
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Preacher
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Marchin' the Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Blues in the Night
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Change of Pace
- $0.99 on iTunes10.After Hours
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Moanin' [Version 1]
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Happy Places [Version 1]
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Happy Places [Version 2]
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Along Came Betty
- $0.99 on iTunes15.I Remember Clifford
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Whisper Not
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Gypsy
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Tickle Toe
- 19.Daylie Double
- 20.Moanin' [Version 2]
- 21.Birth of a Band
- 22.Parisian Thoroughfare
- 23.Pleasingly Plump
- 24.G'wan Train
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Kenny Burrell, Les Spann (guitar); Jerome Richardson (flute, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Phil Woods (alto saxophone); Sam "The Man" Taylor , Zoot Sims, Benny Golson, Budd Johnson (tenor saxophone); Sahib Shihab (baritone saxophone); Clark Terry, Ernie Royal, Harry "Sweets" Edison , Joe Wilder (trumpet); Jimmy Cleveland, Melba Liston, Quentin Jackson, Urbie Green, Billy Byers (trombone); Patti Bown (piano); Jimmy Crawford , Osie Johnson, Sam Woodyard (drums).
Liner Note Authors: Ted Justin; Leonard Feather.
Recording information: New York, NY (02/1959-06/1959); Paris, France (02/1959-06/1959); New York, NY (02/29/1960); Paris, France (02/29/1960); New York, NY (03/09/1959-03/10/1959); Paris, France (03/09/1959-03/10/1959); New York, NY (04/21/1960); Paris, France (04/21/1960); New York, NY (05/26/1959); Paris, France (05/26/1959); New York, NY (05/27/1959-05/28/1959); Paris, France (05/27/1959-05/28/1959); New York, NY (06/16/1959); Paris, France (06/16/1959); New York, NY (10/19/1960); Paris, France (10/19/1960).
Photographer: X .
Arranger: Quincy Jones.
Quincy Jones has been one of the most influential and important figures in modern music for over six decades, a true renaissance man wearing scores of musical hats including bandleader, solo artist, session player, songwriter, producer, arranger, composer, and record label executive. It doesn't stop there. He's also been an author, motion picture producer, and television producer, and the artists he's worked with, from Frank Sinatra, Miles Davis, and Count Basie to Michael Jackson, Paul Simon, Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, and countless others, make for a truly amazing and impressive pantheon. This set collects two LPs, 1959's The Birth of a Band and its sequel, featuring the Quincy Jones Orchestra with Harry "Sweets" Edison, Clark Terry, Jimmy Cleveland, Zoot Sims, Benny Golson, Phil Woods, and others. ~ Steve Leggett
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
How Hi The Fi (featuring Woody Herman) / Jumpin' At The... (CD) TOP 100 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$1.98 on SALE