The Spinners The Definitive Soul Collection (2-CD)
|You Save:||$4.70 (24% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: July 11, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Atlantic
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.It's a Shame
- 2.I'll Be Around
- 3.How Could I Let You Get Away
- 4.Could It Be I'm Falling in Love
- 5.I Could Never (Repay Your Love)
- 6.One of a Kind (Love Affair)
- 7.Don't Let the Green Grass Fool You
- 8.Ghetto Child
- 9.Mighty Love
- 10.I'm Coming Home
- 11.Then Came You
- 12.Love Don't Love Nobody
- 13.Since I Been Gone
- 14.I've Got to Make It on My Own
- 15.Living a Little, Laughing a Little
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.They Just Can't Stop It (The Games People Play)
- 3.I Don't Want to Lose You
- 4.Love or Leave
- 5.Honest I Do
- 6.Wake up Susan
- 7.The Rubberband Man
- 8.You're Throwing a Good Love Away
- 9.Me & My Music
- 10.Heaven on Earth (So Fine)
- 11.Easy Come, Easy Go
- 12.If You Wanna Do a Dance (All Night)
- 13.Are You Ready For Love
- 14.Working My Way Back To You / Forgive Me Girl
- 15.Cupid / I've Loved You For A Long Time
The Spinners (US): Bobbie Smith, Henry Fambrough, Pervis Jackson, G.C. Cameron, John Edwards , Billy Henderson, Phillippe Wynn (vocals).
Additional personnel: Dionne Warwick.
In the mid-1970s, the Spinners came to epitomize the Philly Soul sound, and the albums they cut for Atlantic during the period are classics of the genre. Led by the aching falsetto of lead singer Phillipe Wynne, and fleshed out with strings, horns, and lush accompaniment (courtesy of producer Thom Bell), the Spinners helped define a sound and paved the way for the quiet storm and adult contemporary soul that would follow in the '80s and '90s.
This two-disc set collects 30 of the Spinners greatest hits under one cover, reaching back to the group's first success, "It's a Shame," and including "I'll Be Around," "Ghetto Child," and "They Just Can't Stop It (Games People Play)," among other classics. The Spinners could be funky ("The Rubberband Man") and sensuously romantic ("Could It Be I'm Falling in Love") with equal ease, and their music holds up decades later. DEFINITIVE SOUL is indeed a definitive look at the best of this legendary smooth soul group.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!