Jeff Foxworthy You Might Be a Redneck If...
|CYBER SALE:||$4.41 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$0.57 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 8, 1993
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Warner Bros / WEA
Entertainment Weekly - 1/20/95, pp.50-51"...Foxworthy spins well-paced tales, complete with a drawl that lurches into a charming, befuddled yelp..." - Rating: A-
- 2.Words In The South
- 3.You Might Be A Redneck If...
- 4.Life As A Father
- 5.Single Life Is Just Too Hard
- 6.I Love Being Married
- 7.You Might Be A Redneck If...(Part 2) - (encore)
Recorded live at the Majestic Theatre, Dallas, Texas.
All material written by Jeff Foxworthy.
YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK If... is taken from Jeff Foxworthy's two Showtime Comedy specials.
YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK IF "you've ever been too drunk to fish" or "the UFO hotline limits you to one call per day" or "your dad walks you to school because you're in the same grade." Some of Jeff Foxworthy's stand-up comedy seems to reach below the belt of good ol' country boys and girls, but he's really just laughing at himself, which is to say he's laughing at the kind of guy who thinks Texas is "where people talk normal." Foxworthy talks normal by those standards, and for most of his routine he makes observations about the usual subjects like being single and being married, but with backwater twists.
His are men who think loading the dishwasher means getting their wives drunk; women who do 99 percent of the cleaning but "are not as proud of their 99 percent as men are of our one"; men who would pay good money -- "ten bucks!" -- to watch birds eat rice and explode. If you buy this record, you're probably a redneck, but you'll understand it even if you're not.
Recording information: Majestic Theater, Dallas, TX.
While Jeff Foxworthy's classic 1993 breakthrough record may on the surface seem a one-note LP to cash in on the Southern comic's catch phrase, YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK IF. showcases one of the most clever standups of the '90s. Foxworthy's sneakily witty rant on how the Southern drawl plays with the language is a minor comedy classic, and his observations on being single, and so broke he's "rolling pennies for gas," are plain universal. And, yes, the fabled title tracks, where he ticks off the various foibles that might indicate you come from a rural southern town, is undeniably hilarious.
Jeff FoxworthyHave Your Loved Ones Spayed or Neutered [#1] (Live)
$10.43 CYBER SALE
Blue Collar Comedy Tour: One for the Road (WS) (DVD)
$5.98 CYBER SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13 ratings.
Based on 13 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings The Greatest Hits / Sings The Blue Train (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Charlie Rich Early Years / The Memphis Sound (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE