- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 23, 1999
- Originally Released: 1978
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada) Encoding
Packaging: Keep Case
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 07/12/1978
"...Dyan Cannon is delightful..."
New York Times - 07/19/1978
"...[The newest chapter in] one continuing, effervescent saga..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
The clueless Inspector Clouseau has everyone fooled - unwittingly, of course - in this "uproarious" (NBC-TV) howler starring the incomparable Peter Sellers, along with Robert Webber as an insecure drug lord and Dyan Cannon as his sexpot mistress. Featuring wild chases, spectacular pratfalls and "the funniest Clouseau blunder yet" (Newsweek), "this Revenge just couldn't be sweeter" (ABC-TV)!
Number six in the continuing "Pink Panther" series opens with the funeral of Inspector Clouseau. Of course, we soon learn that the lovable bungler isn't dead at all; he's merely faking it so he can pursue, incognito, a ring of international drug smugglers through exotic Hong Kong.Employing a repertoire of ludicrous disguises, the bungling police inspector is back again, and this time Clouseau is looking for his own would-be murderer.
Switching Roles |
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical Release: July 13, 1978
- Shot in Technicolor and Panavision on location in France; Hong Kong; and Shepperton Studios, Middlesex, UK.
- Rated BBFC A by the British Board of Film Censors.
- Additional cast: Charles Augins (Vic Vancouver); Danny Schiller (Canny); Paul Antrim (Lookout); John Newbury (President); John Clive (President's Aide); and Andrew Lodge (Police Sergeant).
- Additional credits: animation by DePatie-Freleng Enterprises; title design by Arthur Leonardi, John Dunn and DePatie-Freleng.
- This was the last "Pink Panther" movie made before Peter Sellers' death. The 1982 "Trail of the Pink Panther" patched together previously unseen footage of Sellers as Inspector Clouseau.