- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: January 15, 1990
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: OJC
- 1.Who She Do
- 2.On Green Dolphin Street
- 4.Sad Song
- 5.Goin' to Chicago Blues
- 6.A Beautiful Friendship
- 7.Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
- 8.Tell Me Where to Scratch (I Want to Love You Baby)
- 9.All Blues / Going To Chicago Blues / C.C. Rider - (previously unreleased)
Personnel: Joe Williams (vocals); Nat Adderley (cornet); Cannonball Adderley (alto saxophone); George Duke (piano); Walter Booker (guitar, bass); Carol Kaye (bass); Roy McCurdy (drums); King Errisson (conga).
Recorded live at Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, California on August 7, 1973. Originally released on Fantasy (9441).
Digitally remastered by Phil De Lancie (1990, Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, California).
This 1973 session, recorded live before a studio audience in Berkeley, California, is a collaboration between remarkable jazz blues vocalist Williams-here well into his solo career-and saxophone legend Cannonball Adderley. Members of Adderley's band provide musical support. The tracks are a wonderful mixture of blues, jazz standards, and such socially relevant songs as Tom McIntosh's enormously moving "Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow"-certainly one of the highlights of this historic session. Another great treat is the almost operatic "All Blues/Goin to Chicago Blues/ C.C. Rider," a never-before-released medley that closes the CD. LIVE is excellent work by some excellent artists.