- Released: September 18, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Heads Up
JazzTimes - p.85
"As the title riffs on, there's an assortment of confections -- alternately sweet, funky, nasty and never stale -- that proves how Dulfer does pop-jazz her own way."
- 1.Candy - (with Candy Duffer)
- 2.L.A. City Lights - (with Candy Duffer)
- 3.Music=Love - (with Candy Duffer)
- 4.La Cabana - (with Candy Duffer)
- 5.11:58 - (with Candy Duffer)
- 6.Summertime - (with Candy Duffer)
- 7.Soulsax - (with Candy Duffer)
- 8.Smokin' Gun - (with Candy Duffer)
- 9.Back to Juan - (with Candy Duffer)
- 10.If I Ruled the World - (with Candy Duffer)
- 11.Everytime - (with Candy Duffer)
- 12.Finsbury Park - (Bonus Track: Cafe 67 (2007 Version), with Candy Duffer)
Personnel: Candy Dulfer (vocals, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, Fender Rhodes piano, background vocals); Candy Dulfer; Ulco Bed (guitar, bass guitar); Janvan Duiheren, Jan Van Duikeren (trumpet); Louk Boudesteijn (trombone); Thomas Bank (Fender Rhodes piano, keyboards, programming); Manuel Hugas (bass guitar); Kasper Van Kooten (drums); Brainpower (scratches); Trijntje Oosterhuis, Chance Howard (background vocals); John Blackwell (drums).
Audio Mixer: Frans Hendrix.
Recording information: Sugarhouse Studios; Zeezicht Studios, Spaarnvoude, The Netherlands.
Saxophonist Candy Dulfer doesn't shy away from a hard groove. "Candy," the kick-off track to the artist's 2007 release CANDY STORE is a case in point, as is "Music = Love." When not fronting a funky jam, Dulfer dips into smooth jazz ("L.A. City Lights"), Latin-tinged beats ("La Cabana"), and smoky noir ("Soul Sax"). There aren't any left-field surprises here, only light, groove-centered, mainstream jazz, but Dulfer's sweet but authoritative style and the quality of her personnel make CANDY STORE a treat.