- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: December 6, 2011
- Originally Released: 1948
- Label: Sony Pictures Home
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
When Red Skelton was cast in this S. Sylvan Simon-directed comedy he'd already played the lead in MGM films and was nationally known on radio. Here, he plays the hapless door-to-door salesman of the title who becomes a prime suspect when one of his clients is murdered. Now, he and his girl (Janet Blair) have to outwit the murderer and the cops 'til they can prove he's innocent! If this all sounds familiar, Columbia released a similarly plotted picture just two years later, swapping another famous redhead into the lead -- Lucille Ball in The Fuller Brush Girl! But this is the original. Newly remastered.
Wacky Red Skelton gets involved in a murder while diligently (though unsuccessfully) pursuing a career as a door-to-door salesman. Classic slapstick.
Red Skelton is a timid street sweeper who, henpecked by his extravagant girlfriend, musters enough ambition to become a door-to-door salesman for the Fuller Brush company. But the goof doesn't have much success in this arena either, and gets tangled up in a high society murder. Don't worry, he'll solve the crime... somehow!
- An Edward Small production.
- Additional cast credits include: Roger Moore (Detective Foster); Billy Jones (Herman); Jimmy Lloyd (Chauffeur); Jimmy Logan (Butler)