Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale (series)
|You Save:||$6 (50% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
sku: COJ 22402
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: June 21, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Concord Records
- $0.99 on iTunes1.I'm Hip
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Give Me the Simple Life
- $0.99 on iTunes3.On The Swing Shift / The Five O'Clock Whistle
- $0.99 on iTunes4.AC-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Aren't You Glad You're You
- $0.99 on iTunes6.The Carioca
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Cow Cow Boogie
- $0.99 on iTunes8.I Get a Kick Out of You
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Sweet Georgia Brown
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Walk Between Raindrops
- $0.99 on iTunes11.A Shine on Your Shoes
- $1.29 on iTunes12.New York, New York Medley
- $0.99 on iTunes13.All God's Chillun Got Rhythm
- $0.99 on iTunes14.What's This / Anthropology / Air Mail Special
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Mel Torm‚ (vocals); Mel Torm‚; Ed Bickert, Reg Schwager (guitar); Dave Woods (violin, trumpet); Bob Leonard (flute, clarinet, bass clarinet, baritone saxophone); John "Woog" Johnson, Moe Koffman (flute, clarinet, alto saxophone); Alex Dean (flute, clarinet, tenor saxophone); Guido Basso (harmonica, trumpet, flugelhorn); Rick Wilkins (clarinet, tenor saxophone); Gary Foster , Jerry Toth (alto saxophone); Eugene Amaro (tenor saxophone); Robert Leonard, Bob Efford (baritone saxophone); Arnie Chycoski, John MacLeod, Kevin Turcotte (trumpet, flugelhorn); Erich Traugott, Warren Luening, Steve McDade (trumpet); Gary Pattison, James MacDonald , George Stimpson (French horn); Dan Barrett , Alastair Kay, Lew McReary, Jerry Johnson , Bob Livingston, Dave McMurdo, Ian McDougall (trombone); Ernie Pattison, Rob Hughes (bass trombone); Bob Enevoldsen (valve trombone); Jim Self (tuba); Jimmy Dale , Dave Restivo, Allen Farnham (piano); Chuck Berghofer, Don Thompson , Neil Swainson, Brian Torff (double bass); Ted Warren, Jerry Fuller, John Von Ohlen (drums); Brian Leonard (percussion); Ken Peplowski (tenor saxophone); Jack Sheldon (trumpet); Rob McConnell (valve trombone); Pete Jolly (piano, keyboards); George Shearing (piano); Jeff Hamilton , Donny Osborne (drums).
Arrangers: Rob McConnell; Marty Paich.
Concord's Instant Party series selects the most exuberant performances from the repertoire of their many good candidates -- Tito Puente, Mongo Santamaria, and now Mel Torm‚. Torm‚ recorded loads of great material for Concord during the last 15 years of his career, much of it in the vein for a good cocktail party. Featuring a lot of material in the concert setting where Torm‚ excelled, the compilation opens with a hilariously self-effacing "I'm Hip" ("I'm so hip I read People magazine") and a similarly amusing "Give Me the Simple Life." Not all of the inclusions encapsulate the concept; "All God's Chillun Got Rhythm," "Aren't You Glad You're You," and "The Carioca" are light enough but not effusive enough. Still, it's a cheap and effective introduction to the magic Mel Torm‚ created during his AARP years. ~ John Bush
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE