- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: November 17, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Concord Records
- 1.This Is My Night To Dream / It Must Be True - (with Alan Broadbent & Orchestra)
- 2.My Foolish Heart - (with George Shearing)
- 3.More Than You Know - (with Marty Paich Dek-tette)
- 4.Here's To My Lady - (with George Shearing)
- 5.Moonlight Becomes You - (with Alan Broadbent & Orchestra)
- 6.After The Waltz Is Over - (with George Shearing)
- 7.Angel Eyes - (with Cleo Laine)
- 8.How Do You Say Auf Wiedersehen? - (with George Shearing)
- 9.If You Could See Me Now - (with Rob McConnell & The Boss Brass)
- 10.House Is Not A Home, A - (with Rob McConnell & The Boss Brass)
- 11.I'll Be Seeing You - (with George Shearing)
- 12.I'll Be Around - (with Rob McConnell & The Boss Brass)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Mel Torme, Cleo Laine (vocals); George Shearing, Alan Broadbent, Marty Paich Dek-tette, Rob McConnell & The Boss Brass.
Producers: Carl E. Jefferson, Mel Torme, Marty Paich, John Burk.
Compilation producer: John Burk.
Recorded between 1983 and 1995. Includes liner notes by Mel Torme, John Burk, Hugh Hefner, Leonard Maltin, Leonard Feather, Rex Reed and George Shearing.
Singer Mel Torm‚ recorded many of his finest sets during his long period with the Concord label. This 1997 sampler has a dozen previously released ballads and features many examples of Torm‚'s wondrous breath control and beautiful voice; highlights include "More Than You Know," "If You Could See Me Now," and "I'll Be Seeing You." However, the music mostly sticks to the same mood (no hard swinging or extensive scatting here), and the liner notes do not give the personnel or the exact recording dates. Collectors are advised to get Torm‚'s many complete sessions, though beginners who just want to hear Torm‚ singing ballads will find this worth their time. ~ Scott Yanow