Mel Tormé An Evening with Mel Torm, (Live)
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
by George Shearing / Mel Tormé ~ An Evening with George Shearing & Mel Torm, (Live) $9.99
by Mel Tormé ~ The Great American Songbook: Live at Michael's Pub ~ $10.78
by Mel Tormé ~ Sings For Lovers $8.09
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: October 22, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Concord Records
JazzTimes - 3/97, p.103"...Mel sings flawlessly throughout the entire hour..."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Just One Of Those Things / On Green Dolphin Street
- $0.99 on iTunes2.You Make Me Feel So Young
- $0.99 on iTunes3.A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Pick Yourself Up
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Stardust
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Love For Sale
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Since I Fell For You
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Three Little Words / Slipped Disc / Smooth One / Rachel's Dream
- $0.99 on iTunes9.I Remember You / It's Easy To Remember
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Lover Come Back to Me
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Stairway to the Stars
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Oh, Lady Be Good
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
A&E AN EVENING WITH MEL TORME is the soundtrack from the A&E television special.
Personnel: Mel Torme (vocals); Mike Renzi (piano); John Leitham (bass); Donny Osborne (bass).
Recorded live at the Disney Institute, Orlando, Florida on July 23, 1996. Includes liner notes by Rob Wilcox.
Personnel: Mel Torm‚ (vocals); Mike Renzi (piano); Donny Osborne (drums).
Audio Mixer: Phil Edwards .
Liner Note Author: Rob Wilcox.
Recording information: Disney Institute, Orlando, FL (07/23/1996).
This was singer Mel Torm‚'s last recording before he was stricken with a serious stroke. Remarkably, Torm‚ had gradually improved both as a singer and as a jazz improviser all throughout his sixties (his voice was in phenomenal shape), and he is heard on this live set, filmed for a television special, in peak form despite being 70. Joined by his regular trio (pianist Mike Renzi, bassist John Leitham, and drummer Donny Osborne), Torm‚ performs a typical swing-oriented program that includes a Benny Goodman medley, a memorable rendition of "A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square" (he could hold notes on ballads endlessly without wavering), a heated "Pick Yourself Up," and a tribute to Ella Fitzgerald on "Oh, Lady Be Good," among other numbers. Ironically, Torm‚ concluded what may be his final recording with a touching rendition of "Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye." ~ Scott Yanow
And That Reminds Me / A Date With Della Reese (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
At Home With The Barry Sisters / Side By Side (CD)
$1.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE