The Girl from Missouri
Warner Archive Collection (series)
|You Save:||$4.01 (20% Off)|
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 12 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: October 25, 2011
- Originally Released: 1934
- Label: Warner Archive Collection (MOD)
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
- PCM Mono - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Jean Harlow, Lionel Barrymore & Franchot Tone|
|Performer:||Lewis Stone, Patsy Kelly, Alan Mowbray, Clara Blandick, Hale Hamilton, Henry Kolker, Lionel Barrymore & Franchot Tone|
|Directed by||Jack Conway|
|Edited by||Tom Held|
|Screenwriting by||John Emerson & Anita Loos|
|Screenplay by||Anita Loos & John Emerson|
|Composition by||William Axt|
|Cinematography by||Ray June|
|Art Direction by||Cedric Gibbons|
|Produced by||Jack Conway|
|Director of Photography:||Ray June|
Description by OLDIES.com:
As the girl from the Show-Me state, Harlow shows her comedy flair, abetted by the snappy co-scripting of her personal friend Anita Loos and by the nimble guidance of filmmaker Jack Conway, who would direct her in Libeled Lady. Lionel Barrymore plays the big shot scheming to keep his enamored son (Franchot Tone) away from Eadie. Good luck with that, Pops!
- Additional cast: Hale Hamilton (Charlie Turner).
- The Hays Office, which approved films for distribution, was said to have "unofficially rejected" the movie.
- In order to comply with the Hays Code, MGM, authorized script changes. This caused director Sam Wood to quit in the middle of production; Jack Conway replaced him. To this day it is not known how much footage (if any) was directed by Wood. It is assumed that cinematographer Hal Rosson quit the picture at the same time as Wood. Ray June replaced him.
- Sound by the Western Electric Sound System.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.