Johnny Smith Moonlight in Vermont [Remastered]
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|CYBER SALE:||$8.34 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.64 (24% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 24, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Blue Note Records
- 1.Where Or When
- 3.Moonlight In Vermont
- 5.Stars Fell On Alabama
- 7.Ghost Of A Chance, (I Don't Stand A)
- 10.I'll Be Around
- 13.Sometimes I'm Happy
- 14.Nice Work If You Can Get It
- 15.Jaguar (alternate version)
- 16.My Funny Valentine
Personnel includes: Johnny Smith (guitar); Stan Getz (saxophone); Stanford Gold (piano); Bob Carter (bass); Don Lamond (drums).
This reissue contains Smith's famous rendition of "Moonlight In Vermont" as well as an alternate version of "Jaguar" and 6 additional tracks, 3 of which feature Stan Getz.
Personnel: Johnny Smith (guitar); Stan Getz (tenor saxophone); Sanford Gold (piano); Don Lamond, Morey Feld (drums).
Liner Note Author: Pete Welding.
Photographer: Bob Parent.
Johnny Smith's best-known album, 1952's MOONLIGHT IN VERMONT (also the title of his signature song), assured the guitarist a place in jazz history. While saxophone legend Stan Getz is a prominent guest on the record, and certainly threatens to steal the show on numerous occasions, the spotlight never strays too far from Smith, who easily entrances with his supremely laid-back style. Consisting almost entirely of standards, MOONLIGHT is ideal for lulling listeners to sleep (in the most pleasing sense), as Smith's spare, chiming six-string lines gently mesh with the subtle rhythmic backing and Getz's resonant sax playing, as revealed on lilting renditions of "Where or When" and "Stars Fell on Alabama." Of course, the title track is the main attraction of the disc, garnering its reputation with gorgeously delicate work by the entire ensemble. The epitome of Smith's mesmerizing, soporific style of jazz, MOONLIGHT IN VERMONT is all that most listeners will need by this amiable artist.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 12 ratings.
Based on 12 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Top ranking titles in the Jazz genre:
- Eddie Harris Versatile Eddie Harris / Sings The Blues (2-CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Mose Allison ...Hello There, Universe (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Herbie Mann Roar of The Greasepaint / Today (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- The Young-Holt Unlimited / Slide Hampton Oh Girl / Somethin' Sanctified (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Billie Holiday Fine And Mellow - Golden Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE