- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: July 26, 2004
- Label: Concord Records
- 1.I'll Be Seeing You
- 2.Moon Medley: Love And The Moon / Oh, You Crazy Moon / No Moon At All
- 3.After The Waltz Is Over
- 4.This Time The Dream's On Me
- 5.Last Night, When We Were Young
- 6.You Changed My Life
- 7.Dream Medley: I Had The Craziest Dream / Darn That Dream
- 8.Brigg Fair
- 9.My Foolish Heart
- 10.You're Driving Me Crazy
Personnel: George Shearing (piano), Mel Torme (vocals).
Recorded at Coast Recorders, San Francisco, in May, 1985.
This collaboration by pianist George Shearing and vocalist Mel Torme differs from most of their others in that the performances are duets (rather than with bass and occasional drums) and the repertoire sticks exclusively to ballads. With the exception of the closing "You're Driving Me Crazy" (which is taken at a medium bounce), all of the tunes are performed at slow tempos. The lack of variety and the use of some songs from outside of jazz (including "Last Night When We Were Young" and "Brigg Fair") lower the value of this CD to jazz listeners, who are advised to get the other Torme-Shearing sets first, but Shearing does play well, and Torme displays some beautiful long tones. ~ Scott Yanow