George Shearing That Shearing Sound
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$9.88 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.10 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: August 5, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Telarc
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: George Shearing (piano); Louis Stewart (guitar); Steve Nelson (vibraphone); Dennis Machrel (drums).
Recording information: Power Station, NY (02/14/1994-02/16/1994).
This was pianist George Shearing's first recording in a piano-vibes-guitar-bass-drums quintet since he broke up his original group in 1978 after 30 years of steady work; Shearing sounds surprisingly inspired throughout. With guitarist Louis Stewart, vibraphonist Steve Nelson, bassist Neil Swainson, and drummer Dennis Mackrel, Shearing explores such vintage Quintet standards as "East of the Sun (And West of the Moon)" and "I'll Never Smile Again" along with two Horace Silver compositions, a pair of his own songs ("Conception" and his biggest hit, "Lullaby of Birdland"), and a variety of other suitable material. The music ranges from easy listening to hard-driving bebop. The sound of the George Shearing Quintet remains as appealing as ever. ~ Scott Yanow
Play the Music of Cole Porter (with Barry Tuckwell) (CD)
$9.88 CYBER WEEK
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK