Lust for Life
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$15.36 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.61 (23% Off)|
- Widescreen Version
- Commentary by Film Historian Dr. Drew Casper
- Theatrical Trailer
- Languages: English & French
- Subtitles: English, French & Spanish (Feature Film Only)
- Audio: English (Dolby Surround Stereo), French (Mono)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 2 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 31, 2006
- Originally Released: 1956
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 5.0 - English
- Dolby Digital Mono 1.0 - French
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Dr. Drew Casper - Film Historian
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Anthony Quinn, James Donald, Pamela Brown, Everett Sloane, Niall MacGinnis, Noel Purcell & Henry Daniell|
|Directed by||Vincente Minnelli|
|Edited by||Adrienne Fazan|
|Screenwriting by||Norman Corwin|
|Composition by||Miklos Rozsa|
|Cinematography by||Freddie Young|
|Produced by||John Houseman|
|Director of Photography:||Russell Harlan|
4 stars out of 5 -- "Minnelli's vivid palette, all burnished yellows and turbulent blues, conveys something of the artist's fiery intensity."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Winner of Golden Globe and New York Film Critics Best Actor Awards, Kirk Douglas gives a fierce portrayal as the artist torn between the joyous inspiration of his genius and the dark desperation of his tormented mind. The obsessed Van Gogh painted the way other men breathe, driving away family and friends, including artist Paul Gauguin (1956 Best Supporting Actor Academy Award winner Anthony Quinn). Directed by Vincente Minnelli and saturated with the hues of Van Gogh's sea, field and sky, Lust for Life captures the ecstasy of art. And the agony of one man's life.
Description by Warner Home Video:
- Color by Metrocolor; shot in CinemaScope.
- Additional cast: Jeanette Sterke (Kay), Toni Gerry (Johanna), Wilton Graff (Rev. Stricker), and David Horne (Rev. Peeters).
- Additional credit: Jud Kinberg (associate producer).
- Copyright 1956 Loew's Inc., renewed 1984 MGM/UA Home Entertainment.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 66 ratings.