|SUPER SAVINGS:||$13.22 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.75 (34% Off)|
- Vintage Short The Little Maestro
- Classic Cartoon Little Buck Cheeser
- "Leo Is On The Air" Radio Promo
- 2 Theatrical Trailers
- Languages: English & French
- Subtitles: English, French & Spanish (Feature Film Only)
- Audio: English (Mono), French (Mono)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 51 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: January 31, 2006
- Originally Released: 1937
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Dolby Digital Mono - French
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
- - "Little Buck Cheeser"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Freddie Bartholomew, Lionel Barrymore, Mickey Rooney, Melvyn Douglas, Charley Grapewin, Christian Rub, John Carradine, Walter Kingsford, Leo G. Carroll & Charles Trowbridge|
|Directed by||Victor Fleming|
|Edited by||Elmo Vernon|
|Screenwriting by||John Lee Mahin, Marc Connelly & Dale Van Every|
|Composition by||Franz Waxman|
|Story by||Rudyard Kipling|
|Produced by||Louis D. Lighton|
|Director of Photography:||Harold Rosson|
Description by OLDIES.com:
From Rudyard Kipling's classic, Captains Courageous thrills with its seagoing action, grand scale and all-star cast. But what gives it full-masted magnificence is the chemistry between Freddie Bartholomew (Harvey) and Spencer Tracy (Manuel). Tracy won his first Best Actor Academy Award for his towering portrait of the father we all wish for: virile, patient, wise and protective. Set sail for cinema glory.
- To capture background footage, director Victor Fleming sailed a double-masted schooner from Gloucester to Newfoundland and across the Panama Canal to Long Beach, California. The main action of the film, however, was shot along the California coast, requiring tanks of live cod to be shipped down from Washington.
- The film inspired a pair of technical innovations. Spray-proof lenses were created special for the film, along with a unique camera housing that kept the camera stable on the choppy seas.
- The main character, Harvey, is a 19-year-old boy in Rudyard Kipling's original novel. In the movie, he's changed to a 12-year-old.
- Songs include: "Ooh, What a Terrible Man," "Blow a Man Down," and "What Shall We Do with a Drunken Sailor'"
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 83 ratings.
Here is a "Movie Classic" that truly deserves to be called one. Spencer Tracy and Freddie Bartholomew are the perfect match for the title roles. What a wonderful adventure.
© 2017 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.