- Released: July 1, 1991
- Label: Polygram Records
- 1.Sing, Sing, Sing - (previously unreleased, alternate take)
- 2.Sing, Sing, Sing
- 3.The Casbah
- 4.Casbah, The - (previously unreleased, alternate take)
- 6.Figure Eights
- 8.Big Foot
- 9.Big Foot - (previously unreleased, alternate take)
- 10.Limehouse Blues
- 11.Limehouse Blues - (previously unreleased, alternate take)
- 12.Toot, Toot, Tootsie Goodbye
The Buddy Rich Quintet: Buddy Rich (drums), Phil Woods (alto saxophone),
Willie Dennis (trombone), John Bunch (piano) and Phil Leshin (bass).
The Max Roach Quintet: Max Roach (drums), Stanley Turrentine (tenor saxophone), Tommy Turrentine (trumpet), Julian Priester (trombone) and Bobby Boswell (bass).
Digitally remastered from the original stereo tapes by Kiyoshi Tokiwa (Nippon Phonogram). Includes liner notes by Jack Tracy.
This "battle of the bands" gives us the Buddy Rich Quintet in the left channel "versus" the Max Roach Quintet in the right channel.
Definitive battle of the drummers from 1959. CD has four bonus cuts. ~ Ron Wynn