Django Reinhardt Djangology [Bluebird]
Only 8 copies left
|You Save:||$0.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 9, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: RCA
- 1.I Saw Stars
- 2.After You've Gone
- 3.Heavy Artillery (Artillerie Lourde)
- 4.Beyond the Sea (La Mer)
- 5.Minor Swing
- 7.Brick Top
- 8.Swing Guitars
- 9.All the Things You Are
- 11.It's Only a Paper Moon
- 12.Improvisation on Path‚tique (Andante)
- 13.The World Is Waiting for the Sunrise
- 15.O— Es-Tu, Mon Amour? (Where Are You, My Love?)
- 17.I Surrender, Dear
- 19.Swing '42
- 20.I'll Never Be the Same
- 21.Honeysuckle Rose
- 22.Lover Man
- 23.I Got Rhythm
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Django Reinhardt & The Quintette Of The Hot Club Of France: Django Reinhardt (guitar); Stephane Grappelli (violin); Gianni Safred (piano); Carlo Pecori (bass); Aurelio De Carolis (drums).
Recorded in Rome, Italy in January & February 1949. Originally released on RCA (2319). Includes liner notes by Frank Vignola and Don Gold.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Django Reinhardt (guitar); St‚phane Grappelli (violin); Gianni Safred (piano); Aurelio de Carolis (drums).
Liner Note Authors: Don Gold; Frank Vignola.
Recording information: Rome, Italy (01/1949-02/1949).
A few years after their postwar reunion, Gypsy guitarist Django Reinhardt and his most illustrious foil and confrere, violinist Stephane Grappelli, recorded perhaps as many as fifty tunes in the space of a couple of months in 1949 in Rome. The Italian rhythm section of piano, bass and drums was probably intended to "modernize" the frontmen's sound, replacing as it did their more Gallic all-string band of the 1930s, the Quintet of the Hot Club of France. But like the two-guitars-and-bass backing Reinhardt and Grappelli pioneered fifteen years earlier, this American-style rhythm section stays out of the way, and violin and guitar are the stars of the show.
As with the Quintet, the repertoire is a mix of popular Tin Pan Alley tunes and Reinhardt or Reinhardt-Grappelli concoctions, including versions of "Minor Swing," "Swing 42" and "Djangology."
Django ReinhardtThe Best of Django Reinhardt [Capitol / Blue Note]
Django ReinhardtThe Classic Early Recordings in Chronological Order (5-CD...
Django ReinhardtParis and London: 1937-1948, Volume 2 [4 Disc] (4-CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 10 ratings.
Based on 10 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- The 5 Browns 5 Browns (CD) ~ $8.29
- The 5 Browns 5 Stars - Favorites From The 5 Browns (CD) ~ $9.18
- The 5 Browns Browns In Blue (CD) ~ $9.18
- The 5 Browns No Boundaries (CD) ~ $9.71
- A$ap Ferg Always Strive and Prosper (CD) ~ $10.78
Top ranking titles in the Jazz genre:
- Herbie Hancock Possibilities (DVD + Music CD) ~ 79¢ on SALE
- Jimmy McGriff Toast To Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Young-Holt Unlimited / Slide Hampton Oh Girl / Somethin' Sanctified (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Joe Williams Me And The Blues / The Song Is You (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Billie Holiday Fine And Mellow - Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE