Uptown (with Ray Brown)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: April 26, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Telarc
- 1.Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
- 2.A Sleepin' Bee
- 3.Come Rain or Come Shine
- 4.Stormy Weather
- 5.Over the Rainbow
- 6.Let's Fall in Love
- 7.Day Dream / Prelude To A Kiss
- 8.Good Queen Bess
- 9.Things Ain't What They Used to Be
- 10.It Don't Mean a Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing
- 11.Five O'Clock Whistle
- 12.Come Sunday
- 13.C Jam Blues
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Andre Previn, Ray Brown and Mundell Lowe play the music of Duke Ellington and Harold Arlen.
Personnel: Andr‚ Previn (piano); Mundell Lowe (guitar).
Liner Note Author: Mel Powell.
Recording information: American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters Audi.
Editors: Elaine Martone; Rosalind Ilett.
This was Andr‚ Previn's second album after his long, symphonically enforced absence from jazz, and it sounds noticeably more fluid and relaxed than his first. No longer apprehensive about dusting off his old skills, Previn is delightfully confident and breezy (dig his sly turns on "Come Rain or Come Shine" and "C Jam Blues"), taking some chances as he re-phrases and paraphrases a collection of revivified standards, mostly Harold Arlen and assorted Duke Ellington. Even if Previn, that noted wit, sometimes sounds as if he is kidding the pants off these old tunes, it's great to hear him having such a good time playing jazz again. Mundell Lowe is Previn's new guitar partner, and Ray Brown returns on bass; both are right at home in this refined brand of chamber jazz grooving. Adding to the CD's appeal are some marvelously (and typically) graceful liner notes by Mel Powell, an old pal of Previn's and a lively fellow defector from the jazz piano ranks to the classical world. ~ Richard S. Ginell
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
It Had To Be You: 24 Standards In Singer's Keys (CD)
$18.71 Super Savings
St. Louis Blues: Traditional Dixieland Classics (CD)
$15.39 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE