Oscar Peterson Oscar Peterson & Harry Edison
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 15, 1992
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: OJC
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Oscar Peterson (piano); Harry Edison (trumpet).
Recorded at MGM Recording Studios, Los Angeles, California on December 21, 1974. Includes original release liner notes by Benny Green.
Personnel: Harry "Sweets" Edison (trumpet); Oscar Peterson (piano).
Recording information: MGM Recording Studios, Los Angeles, CA (12/21/1974).
The third of Oscar Peterson's five duet albums with great trumpeters (the other encounters feature Dizzy Gillespie, Roy Eldridge, Clark Terry, and Jon Faddis) teams the masterful pianist with the great swing stylist Harry "Sweets" Edison. The trumpeter, who uses repetition to great degree and had pared his style down to a relatively few notes, matches well with the virtuosic Peterson on these seven standards and their two simple originals, "Basie" and "Signify." Together Edison and O.P. give the impression that their chance-taking improvisations are completely logical and a lot easier to play than they really are. ~ Scott Yanow
Oscar Peterson Big 4 / Dizzy Gillespie / Oscar PetersonThe Trumpet Summit Meets the Oscar Peterson Big Four
An Evening With Oscar Peterson (180GV - Import) (LP)
$18.75 on SALE
Sold OutSave for Later
Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz Radio Broadcast (CD)
$10.56 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE