Got You Covered
Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale (series)
LOW STOCK: Only 1 copy left
|You Save:||$6 (50% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Eric Marienthal ~ Just Around the Corner ~ $9.05
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: September 20, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Peak Records
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Eric Marienthal (flute, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone); Eric Marienthal; Russ Freeman (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, 12-string guitar, classical guitar, baritone guitar); Russell Ferrante (piano, keyboards); Chick Corea (piano); Dave Carpenter (acoustic bass); Peter Erskine (drums); Luis Conte (percussion).
Audio Mixer: Steve Sykes.
Liner Note Authors: Eric Marienthal; Russ Freeman .
Recording information: Castle Oaks Studios, Calabasas, CA (03/29/2005-04/15/2005); Mad Hatter Studios, Los Angeles, CA (03/29/2005-04/15/2005); Surfboard Studios, Boca Raton, FL (03/29/2005-04/15/2005).
Photographer: Sonny Mediana.
Arrangers: Eric Marienthal; Russ Freeman ; Russell Ferrante; Gordon Goodwin; David Ruttenberg.
It has long been a well-known "secret" that altoist Eric Marienthal, who is best known for his association with Chick Corea's Elektric Band and with his own groups, is a great straight-ahead jazz player, too. He has made occasional guest spots through the years and shown that he is a more versatile player than originally expected. For Got You Covered, Marienthal desired to record a set live in the studio, and he utilized some of his favorite musicians, with guest pianist Chick Corea playing a duet with Marienthal on "My One and Only Love." Unfortunately, Marienthal mostly plays it safe, not digging very far into these songs beyond their melodies. It is pretty unusual getting to hear him play "I've Got the World on a String" and "Moody's Mood for Love," but the latter is a note-for-note re-creation of James Moody's original solo and nothing more. Everything about this set comes across as safe and unadventurous. The overall results are pleasant and reasonably pleasing as background music, but Eric Marienthal is capable of much more. ~ Scott Yanow
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 46,686
- UPC: 013431853329
- Shipping Weight: 0.22/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Mozart: The Beneficient Dervish / The Impresario (CD)(4)
$5.98 on SALE
Top ranking titles in the Jazz genre:
- Joe "Fingers" Carr The Riotous, Raucous, Red-Hot 20s / Together For The Last Time... (With Ira Ironstrings) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Diane Schuur Collection (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Americans in Europe (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Steve Khan Public Access (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE