by Various Artists
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$0.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Mister Foe $10.34
- Released: September 9, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Domino
- 1.Blue Boy - Orange Juice
- 2.Here On My Own - U.N.P.O.L.
- 3.Someone Else, The - King Creosote
- 4.Broken Bones - Sons & Daughters
- 5.Double Shadow - Junior Boys
- 6.If You Could Read Your Mind - Clinic
- 7.Battle At the Gates of Dub - Future Pilot AKA
- 8.Lines Low To Frozen Ground - Hood
- 9.Hallam Foe Dandelion Blow - Franz Ferdinand
- 10.Tricycle - Psapp
- 11.Surf Song - James Yorkston & The Athletes
- 12.Also In White - The Bill Wells Trio
- 13.Salvese Quien Pueda - Juana Molina
- 14.They Nicknamed Me Evil - Cinema
- 15.I Hope That You Get What You Want - Woodbine
- 16.Ocean Song - Movietone
Director: David MacKenzie.
Photographer: Neil Davidson.
It only makes sense that the very Scottish film Hallam Foe (renamed Mr. Foe in the U.S.) has a very Scottish soundtrack. While most of the artists on this collection are from Scotland -- and even more of them call Domino Records their musical home -- Hallam Foe never feels limited by these facts. Its blend of Scottish indie luminaries, including Sons and Daughters and Orange Juice, whose "Blue Boy" gets the soundtrack off to a brash start, and Domino regulars like Clinic, whose "If You Could Read Your Mind" is a highlight, plays as an organic and creative mix. The Fence Collective is well represented by King Creosote's sparely lovely "The Someone Else," U.N.P.O.C.'s edgy "Here on My Own," and James Yorkston and the Athletes' "Surf Song." The rest of Hallam Foe spans Junior Boys' sleek "Double Shadow" to Franz Ferdinand's exclusive track for the album, "Hallam Foe Dandelion Blow," a wry, surprisingly mellow song that offers a nice change of pace from their usual art-punk onslaught. The Bill Wells Trio's instrumental "Also in White" and Cineman's ominous sound piece "They Nicknamed Me Evil" would fit in comfortably on plenty of soundtracks, and Movietone's "Ocean Song" is dreamy and expansive enough for the closing credits. Hallam Foe works well as a souvenir from the film, as well as a sampler of some of Scotland's, and Domino's, finest talents. ~ Heather Phares
Guardians Of The Galaxy: Awesome Mix, Volume 1 (CD)
$10.33 Super Savings
Los Straitjackets Sings the Great Instrumental Hits (CD)
$14.72 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Stereo Wonderland of Golden Hits / I Wish You Love (CD)(3)
$10.98 on SALE