Wes Montgomery Riverside Profiles (2-CD)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: November 7, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Riverside
Tracks on Disc 1:
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Dat Dere - (with Bobby Timmons)
- 2.Airegin - (with Wes Montgomery)
- 3.Soft Winds - (with Chet Baker)
- 4.My Foolish Heart - (with Bill Evans Trio)
- 5.Desafinado - (with Charlie Byrd)
- 6.Thermo - (with Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers)
- 7.Bemsha Swing - (with Thelonious Monk)
- 8.Bohemia After Dark - (with Cannonball Adderley Quintet)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Contains a bonus disc featuring tracks from other Riverside artists.
Personnel: Wes Montgomery (guitar); Wes Montgomery; Kenny Burrell (guitar, piano); James Clay (flute); Phil Bodner (woodwinds); Johnny Griffin (tenor saxophone); Victor Feldman, Dick Hyman, Hank Jones , Tommy Flanagan, Wynton Kelly, Buddy Montgomery (piano); Melvin Rhyne Quartet (organ); Milt Jackson (vibraphone); George Brown , Albert "Tootie" Heath, Lex Humphries, Louis Hayes, Osie Johnson, Philly Joe Jones, Bobby Timmons (drums); Ray Barretto (congas, percussion); Paul Chambers.
Audio Remasterers: Joe Tarantino; Kirk Felton.
Liner Note Author: Bill Milkowski.
Recording information: Los Angeles, CA (10/05/1959-10/10/1963); New York, NY (10/05/1959-10/10/1963); Plaza Sound Studios, New York, NY (10/05/1959-10/10/1963); Reeves Sound Studios, New York, NY (10/05/1959-10/10/1963); Tsubo, Berkeley, CA (10/05/1959-10/10/1963).
Photographer: Steve Schapiro.
The recordings jazz guitarist Wes Montgomery made for Riverside in the early to mid 1960s are among his greatest, and this superb compilation represents that work ably. Though Montgomery experimented with orchestral settings and crossover pop in the late '60s and '70s, his groove-centered jazz outings, which feature his smooth blues-drenched tone and flexible bop vocabulary, are still his most satisfying. "Four on Six," "S.O.S." and "West Coast Blues" are only a few of the classics, but the set offers guaranteed pleasure from start to finish. Included is a bonus compilation disc of other Riverside artists from the period, including, among others, Charlie Byrd and Thelonious Monk.
Bill EvansThe Complete Village Vanguard Recordings, 1961 (3-CD Set)
$24.19 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Jazz genre:
- Eddie Harris Versatile Eddie Harris / Sings The Blues (2-CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Mose Allison ...Hello There, Universe (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Herbie Mann Roar of The Greasepaint / Today (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- The Young-Holt Unlimited / Slide Hampton Oh Girl / Somethin' Sanctified (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Billie Holiday Fine And Mellow - Golden Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK