- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: April 20, 2004
- Label: RCA
- 1.Moonlight Serenade
- 2.Chattanooga Choo Choo
- 3.Juke Box Saturday Night
- 4.Over the Rainbow
- 5.Tuxedo Junction
- 6.In the Mood
- 7.Fools Rush in (Where Angels Fear to Tread)
- 9.The Boogie Wooglie Piggy
- 10.A String of Pearls
- 11.When You Wish Upon a Star
- 12.Don't Sit Under the Apple (With Anyone Else But Me)
- 13.Pennsylvania 6-5000
- 14.Along the Santa Fe Trail
- 15.Begin the Beguine
- 16.At Last
- 17.King Porter Stomp - (previously unreleased)
- 18.Beat Me Daddy, Eight to the Bar - (previously unreleased)
- 19.Moon Love - (previously unreleased)
- 20.Pennsylvania 6-5000 - (Wiseguys remix)
Personnel includes: Glenn Miller; Tex Beneke (vocals, tenor saxophone); Ray Eberle (vocals).
Recorded between 1939 & 1943. Includes liner notes by Ed Polic.
THE CENTENNIAL COLLECTION brings together Glenn Miller's smash hits from 1939 through 1943, the years of the swing maven's undisputed reign as America's most popular bandleader. Even those possessing only a passing familiarity with the era's tunes will recognize the soft lilt of Miller's famous clarinet and saxophone melodies, the charming vocals of Ray Eberle and Tex Beneke & the Modernaires, and tunes such as "Chattanooga Choo Choo," "Tuxedo Junction," and "Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree (With Anyone Else But Me)."
With their wide appeal and straightforward structures, Miller's recordings have stood the test of time, and remain popular and enjoyable decade upon decade after their initial release. Listening here to the original versions of Miller's own "Moonlight Serenade" and the utterly infectious, irrepressible "In the Mood," it's easy to see why this popularity shows no signs of abating. The digitally remastered versions of the performances on THE CENTENNIAL COLLECTION, and a bonus DVD featuring live footage, film trailers, newsreels, and home movies, truly make this a definitive package.