Marian McPartland All My Life
|You Save:||$13 (72% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
- by Marian McPartland ~ Timeless ~ $10.78
- by Marian McPartland ~ Twilight World ~ $9.88
- by Marian McPartland ~ Windows: Portrait of Marian McPartland / At the Festival (2-CD) ~ $10.78
- Released: April 7, 2010
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Savoy Jazz
- 1.Gypsy In My Soul
- 2.It Might as Well Be Spring
- 3.Strike Up the Band
- 4.Love is Here To Stay
- 5.Lullaby of Birdland
- 6.A A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square
- 7.Limehouse Blues
- 8.It's Only a Paper Moon
- 10.Moonlight In Vermont
- 11.Moonlight In Vermont [Previously Unreleased Version] - (previously unreleased, alternate take)
- 12.Love for Sale
- 13.Love For Sale [Previously Unreleased Version] - (previously unreleased, alternate take)
- 15.All the Things You Are
- 16.All My Life
- 17.Love You Madly
- 18.Lady is a Tramp [Previously Unreleased Version], The - (previously unreleased, alternate take)
- 19.Four Brothers [Previously Unreleased Version] - (previously unreleased, alternate take)
- 20.Aunt Hagar's Blues [Previously Unreleased Version] - (previously unreleased, alternate take)
- 21.A Foggy Day [Previously Unreleased Version], A - (previously unreleased, alternate take)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Marian McPartland (piano); Max Wayne, Eddie Safranski, Bob Carter, Vinnie Burke (bass); Mel Zelnick, Elmer "Mousie" Alexander, Don Lamond, Joe Morello (drums).
Producer: Lee Magid.
Compilation producer: Orrin Keepnews.
Recorded in 1952-53. Includes liner notes by Linda Dahl and Orrin keepnews.
Personnel: Marian McPartland (piano); Mousie Alexander, Don Lamond, Mel Zelnick, Joe Morello (drums).
Liner Note Authors: Linda Dahl; Orrin Keepnews.
Recording information: 04/21/1952-10/08/1953.
This Savoy Jazz anthology compiles various recordings pianist Marian McPartland made in the studio as well live performances recorded at the Hickory House in New York City during the 1950s, with the pianist backed energetically by various rhythm sections. Showcasing a startling technique and impeccable melodic sense, McPartland was just beginning to lead her own trio and develop a personal style on these tracks. Some of these cuts are rare, and longtime fans should find the newly discovered live recordings fascinating. ~ Matt Collar
A Great Day in Harlem: The Story and Sounds behind the Most... (DVD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE