LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Brother Jack McDuff ~ Brother Jack McDuff Live! ~ $10.56
- by George Benson / Brother Jack McDuff ~ George Benson / Jack McDuff ~ $10.56
- by Brother Jack McDuff ~ The Honeydripper (Rudy Van Gelder Remaster Series) ~ $10.56
- by Brother Jack McDuff ~ Screamin' ~ $10.56
- by Jack McDuff / Sonny Stitt ~ Stitt Meets Brother Jack ~ $10.56
- Released: March 28, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Prestige
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Jack McDuff, Kenny Burrell, Harold Vick, Eric Dixon, Joe Dukes, Ray Barretto.
Recorded in January & February, 1963.
Personnel: Jack McDuff (organ); Harold Vick, Kenny Burrell (guitar); Eric Dixon (flute, tenor saxophone); Joe Dukes (drums); Ray Barretto (congas).
Liner Note Authors: Dan Morgenstern; Bruno Wanz.
Recording information: Englewood Cliffs, NJ (01/08/1963/02/26/1963).
Photographer: Chuck Stewart.
Organist Jack McDuff has long had a powerful style and the two former LPs that are combined on this single CD offer some strong examples of his accessible playing. In both cases McDuff is joined by guitarist Kenny Burrell (in fact one of the two sets was originally under Burrell's name), drummer Joe Dukes and occasionally Ray Barretto on congas. In addition Harold Vick is on tenor for most selections and Eric Dixon guests on tenor and flute during three songs. Highlights include a driving "How High the Moon," "Love Walked In" and a pair of original blues: "Smut" and "Our Miss Brooks." McDuff and Burrell work together quite well. This 76-minute CD is easily recommended to fans of the jazz organ. ~ Scott Yanow
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!