- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 23, 2007
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Timeless Media Group
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 08/01/2000
"...An extraordinary piece of work....Anne Heche is unsurprisingly terrific..."
Total Film - 03/01/2001
"...[A] sexy, off-kilter thriller..."
Anne Heche stars as Alex Lee, a loan officer who works as a high-class call girl by night, in this erotic thriller. When Alex is unwittingly caught up in a sting operation by the police, she is forced to agree to help catch a notorious underworld boss named Bruno (Walken) who had hired her one evening. Bruno, smitten by Alex's domination of him, becomes fixated, but sends out his bodyguard, Tony, to make sure she's not a cop. However, Alex also meets and begins a passionate relationship with Virginia (Chen), Bruno's wife. Soon, all four of them are embroiled in a complex relationship that threatens to destroy them all. Featuring a bizarre and bravura turn by Christopher Walken and excellent performances from Anne Heche and Joan Chen, director Donald Cammell (PERFORMANCE) has crafted a highly stylized modern noir that trumps just about every other film that fits that description. Beware 90-95 minute studio edited versions of the film. The full running time for the film is 111 minutes.
- The film's original running time is 111 minutes, but the film was cut by its distributor for its initial theatrical release to a running time of about 95 minutes.
- The film's director, Donald Cammell, committed suicide shortly after the film's release, and the longer version was pieced together by the film's editor from a tape Cammell had left behind.