Shelly Manne At the Blackhawk, Volume 2 (Live)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: October 17, 1991
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: OJC
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Shelly Manne (drums); Richie Kamuca (tenor saxophone); Joe Gordon (trumpet); Victor Feldman (piano); Monty Budwig (bass).
Recorded at The Black Hawk, San Francisco, California on September 22 & 24, 1959. Originally released on Contemporary (7578). Includes liner notes by C. H. Garrigues.
Digitally remastered by Phil De Lancie (1991, Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, California).
Vol. 2 of the five CDs that document drummer Shelly Manne's Quintet at the Black Hawk club in San Francisco during a three-day period adds a new alternate take of Charlie Mariano's "Step Lightly" to the original program ("Step Lightly," "What's New," "Vamp's Blues"). These lengthy performances ("Vamp's Blues" is over 19 minutes long) give trumpeter Joe Gordon, the cool-toned tenor-saxophonist Richie Kamuca, pianist Victor Feldman, bassist Monty Budwig and the leader/drummer a chance to really stretch out. Fine 1950s bebop. ~ Scott Yanow
Terry GibbsThe Dream Band, Volume 2: The Sundown Sessions (Live) (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE