Shelly Manne At the Manne-Hole, Volume 2 (Live)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.05 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.93 (24% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: November 13, 1993
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: OJC
- 1.On Green Dolphin Street
- 2.What's New?
- 3.If I Were a Bell
- 4.Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye
- 5.A Gem From Tiffany
Personnel: Shelly Manne (drums); Richie Kamuca (tenor saxophone); Conte Candoli (trumpet); Russ Freeman (piano); Chuck Berghofer (bass).
Recorded at Shelly's Manne-Hole, Hollywood, California from March 3-5, 1961. Includes liner notes by Leonard Feather.
Digitally remastered by Phil De Lancie (1992, Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, California).
At the Manne-Hole, Vol. 2 is the second of two CDs featuring Shelly Manne Quintet in superior form at the legendary Shelly's Manne-Hole club in Hollywood. Trumpeter Conte Candoli (in top form) and the cool-toned tenor Richie Kamuca work together very well, while the contributions of the rhythm section (pianist Russ Freeman, bassist Chuck Berghofer and the drummer/leader) should not be overlooked. Together they perform four standards (highlighted by "On Green Dolphin Street" and "If I Were a Bell") plus their closing theme "A Gem from Tiffany." Both of the volumes are easily recommended. ~ Scott Yanow
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE