Roger Corman's Puerto Rico Trilogy
|You Save:||$1 (10% Off)|
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Horror Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 3 hours, 18 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: January 10, 2006
- Originally Released: 1960
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary:
- Betsy Jones-Moreland & Anthony Carbone - Stars (LAST WOMAN ON EARTH & CREATURE FROM THE HAUNTED SEA)
- Joel M. Rapp - Director (BATTLE OF BLOOD ISLAND)
- LAST WOMAN ON EARTH, Original Theatrical Trailer
- CREATURE FROM THE HAUNTED SEA, Original Theatrical Trailer
- BATTLE OF BLOOD ISLAND, Original Theatrical Trailer
- BEAST WITH A MILLION EYES
- NOT OF THIS EARTH
- WASP WOMAN
- A BUCKET OF BLOOD
- TEENAGE DOLL
- ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS
- Photo Galleries: BATTLE OF BLOOD ISLAND
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Betsy Jones Moreland|
|Performer:||Robert Towne & Anthony Carbone|
|Directed by||Roger Corman & Joel Rapp|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Plus: The original letterboxed theatrical version of Creature from the Haunted Sea, a creature feature chiller in which criminals cashing in on a tropical revolution get more than they bargained for when a monstrous sea menace interferes with their plans. Featuring audio commentary by Jones-Morland and Carbone, additional shot-for-TV scenes directed by Monte Hellman, and the original theatrical trailer.
And: The theatrical version of Battle of Blood Island, a riveting tale of survival in which two American GIs remaining after a Japanese onslaught fight to stay alive and evade the enemy. Featuring audio commentary by Director Joel M. Rapp and shot-for-TV scenes. Additional features include an image gallery and a collection of Roger Corman trailers, including Beast with a Million Eyes, Not of This Earth, Wasp Woman, A Bucket of Blood, Teenage Doll and Attack of the Crab Monsters.
CREATURE FROM THE HAUNTED SEA: A mobster hits on a plan while smuggling a deposed general and a fortune in gold out of Cuba on his yacht: He and his crew will scare the general and kill his guards by faking the attacks of a sea monster and thus keep the gold for themselves. Unfortunately, a sea monster actually is attacking them, leading to all sorts of complications. Eventually the yacht sinks, and the survivors find love on a tropical island--and death when they dive to recover the sunken loot. Roger Corman shot this fun quickie in Puerto Rico, where he also filmed THE LAST WOMAN ON EARTH with the same cast, which is deadpan perfect: Paul Carbone is the mobster, Renzo, "the most trustworthy man ever to be deported from Sicily." Future CHINATOWN-scribe Robert Towne (billed as Edward Wain) plays Agent XK150. Betsy Jones-Moreland is Renzo's leggy pistol-packing moll; she also sings the haunting theme song. Beach Dickerson plays one of Renzo's happy thugs, as well as the monster. The script by Charles Griffith taps the same vein of innovative wit that made his LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS and BUCKET OF BLOOD such satisfying cult hits.
BATTLE OF BLOOD ISLAND: Two G.I.'s left for dead on Blood Island after a Japanese attack are forced to overcome their differences--which are legion--and work together to overcome the enemy.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.