Barney Kessel Kessel Plays Standards
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: October 8, 1991
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: OJC
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Barney Kessel (guitar); Bob Cooper (tenor saxophone, oboe); Claude Williamson, Hampton Hawes (piano); Monty Budwig, Red Mitchell (bass); Chuck Thompson, Shelly Manne (drums).
Recorded in Los Angeles, California on June 4 and July 1, 1954 and September 12, 1955. Originally released on Contemporary (3512). Includes original liner notes by Barney Kessel.
Guitarist Barney Kessel teams up with Bob Cooper (mostly on oboe but also doubling a bit on tenor), either Claude Williamson or Hampton Hawes on piano, Monty Budwig or Red Mitchell on bass, and Shelly Manne or Chuck Thompson on drums. Other than his own "64 Bars on Wilshire" and "Barney's Blues," the repertoire on this CD reissue is comprised of jazz standards. Inventive frameworks and the utilization of Cooper's jazz oboe (a real rarity in jazz of the time) give the otherwise boppish reissue its own personality. ~ Scott Yanow
The Poll WinnersExploring the Scene (with Shelly Manne & Ray Brown) (CD)
$9.05 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE