Quincy Jones Big Band Bossa Nova
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.22 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.76 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 19, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Polygram Records
- 1.Soul Bossa Nova
- 2.Boogie Stop Shuffle
- 4.Manha De Carnaval :: Morning Of The Carnival
- 5.Se E Tarde Me Pardoa :: Forgive Me If I'm Late
- 6.On The Street Where You Live
- 7.Samba De Una Nota So :: One Note Samba
- 8.Lalo Bossa Nova
- 10.Chega De Suadade :: No More Blues
- 11.Taste Of Honey, A - (previously unreleased, bonus track)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Quincy Jones (conductor); Phil Woods (alto saxophone); Paul Gonsalves (tenor saxophone); Clark Terry (trumpet, flugelhorn); Roland Kirk (flute, alto flute); Jerome Richardson (flute, alto flute, woodwinds); Lalo Schifrin (piano); Jim Hall (guitar); Chris White (bass); Rudy Collins (drums); Jack Del Rio, Carlos Gomez, Jose Paula (percussion).
Producer: Quincy Jones.
Reissue producer: Jerry Rappaport.
Recorded at A&R Studios, New York, New York on September 4, 7, 8, 13, 1962.
Includes liner notes by Gene Lees.
Digitally remastered using 22-bit technology by Kevin Reeves (Polygram Studios).
This is part of Verve's By Request series.
Personnel: Quincy Jones (trumpet, piano); Jim Hall (guitar); Jerome Richardson (flute, alto flute, woodwinds); Rahsaan Roland Kirk (flute); Phil Woods (alto saxophone); Paul Gonsalves (tenor saxophone); Clark Terry (trumpet, flugelhorn); Lalo Schifrin (piano); Rudy Collins (drums); Jose Paula, Jack Del Rio, Carlos Gom‚z (percussion).
Liner Note Author: Gene Lees.
Recording information: A & R Studios, New York, NY (06/15/1962-09/08/1962).
Arranger: Quincy Jones.
Quincy Jones's 1962 Brazilian jazz classic is back in print after many years, due no doubt to "Soul Bossa Nova"'s inclusion on the AUSTIN POWERS soundtrack. In addition to that show-stealer, BIG BAND BOSSA NOVA delivers Jones's takes on several samba classics, including "Desifinado" and the timeless classic, "One Note Samba." Jones teams up with Lalo Schiffrin on "Lalo Bossa Nova," and even takes on Charles Mingus's "Boogie Stop Shuffle." "A Taste of Honey" and on "On the Street Where You Live" are where Jones's talent for creative arranging really shines through.
Jones's attention to detail adds a subtlety to these recordings which makes them stand out as among the 1960s' best jazz records. BIG BAND BOSSA NOVA still holds its ground nearly some four decades later as a superlative recording.
Quincy Jones / Bill CosbyThe New Mixes, Volume 1: Quincy Jones and Bill Cosby
$10.56 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE