Invisible Stripes (Full Screen) [Rare & Out-of-Print]
Warner Bros. DVD Clearance Sale (series)
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 22 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: December 30, 1939
- Originally Released: 1940
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Commentary by historians Alain Silver and James Ursini
- Warner Night at the Movies 1939 short subjects gallery: Vintage Newsreel
- Technicolor historical short The Monroe Doctrine
- Two musical shorts: Mr. and Mrs. Jesse Crawford at Home and the Technicolor Quiet, Please
- Classic cartoons Bars and Strips Forever and Hare-um Scare-um Trailers of Invisible Stripes and 1939's You Can't Get Away With Murder
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Subtitles - English, French
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||George Raft, William Holden, Humphrey Bogart, Jane Bryan & Flora Robson|
|Directed by||Lloyd Bacon|
|Screenwriting by||Jonathan Finn & Warren Duff|
|Composition by||Heinz Roemheld|
|Story by||Jonathan Finn|
|Director of Photography:||Ernest Haller|
INVISIBLE STRIPES is a cookie-cutter Warners prison drama which rounds up the usual suspects. George Raft and Humphrey Bogart are top-billed, and as is often the case in such a circumstance, it is Raft who is given the larger (albeit less interesting) role. Raft plays Cliff Taylor, an ex-convict who finds that his "invisible stripes" prevent him from getting a decent job. Cliff's younger brother (William Holden) shows unfortunate signs of following his older sibling's footsteps when he is pressured into crime to support himself and his girl friend (Jane Bryan). To save his brother, Cliff joins Humphrey Bogart's gang and earns enough dishonest money to set his brother up in business. But movie censorship prevails, and all of the miscreants in INVISIBLE STRIPES--even those motivated by good intentions--must pay the penalty. Side note: The prankish Humphrey Bogart spent so much time needling newcomer William Holden that Holden nearly came to blows with the older actor; the animosity persisted into the Bogart-Holden costarring feature SABRINA, made fourteen years later.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE