Honey & The Bees
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
|You Save:||$3.03 (18% Off)|
by Tammi Terrell ~ Come on and See Me: The Complete Solo Collection (2-CD) $27.35
- Released: September 14, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Jamie / Guyden
- $0.99 on iTunes1.I'm Confessin'
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Make You Mine
- $0.99 on iTunes3.(You Better) Go Now
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Why Do You Hurt the One Who Loves You
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Love Addict
- $0.99 on iTunes6.I'll Be There
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Music (Makes You Want to Dance)
- $0.99 on iTunes8.These Old Memories
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Together Forever
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Dynamite Exploded
- $0.99 on iTunes11.You Pulled a Fast One
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Boys
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Baby, Do That Thing
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Sunday Kind of Love
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
In a way, I was fortunate to purchase this from Oldies.com at a sale price of .99 cents. That's a great price compared to the price as I write this...and one of the joys of shopping on Oldies.com - you can experiment at a low cost.
The unfortunate part is the quality of the group.
According to Fred Wesley, James Brown's music director (Honey and the Bees opened for James' concerts for a while) this group should have been right up there in stature with the Supremes. He was, I think, a bit biased as he married one of The Bees.
I listened to the disc straight through while on a drive today. Two things are immediately obvious:
Although these recordings are from different times, bands and probably studios, the one thing they have in common is a very heavy low end and a terribly shrill mid and high end sound - almost painful to my ears.
However, that comes in second only to the lack of hit material. I did not hear one potential top ten song out of the 14 tracks. The writing just isn't there. (can't say that about The Supremes).
In third place...the voices are OK - but at times, out of tune. Simply not star material anywhere to be found.
If you want mediocre second-rate "girl-group" music...then this will fit the bill. If you simply want to collect some more 60's R&B for your collection, get it. Just don't expect to be knocked out by what you hear. And lastly - wait until it hits a sale price again.