Freddie Hubbard Keystone Bop, Volume 2: Friday & Saturday Night (Live)
Only 10 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Freddie Hubbard ~ Born to Be Blue ~ $10.56
- by Woody Shaw ~ The Complete Columbia Albums Collection [Box Set] [Limited Edition] (6-CD Box Set) ~ $42.51
- by Freddie Hubbard ~ Keystone Bop: Sunday Night (Live) ~ $17.99
- by Freddie Hubbard ~ Pinnacle: Live & Unreleased From Keystone Korner ~ $17.08
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: April 16, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Prestige
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Freddie Hubbard (trumpet, flugelhorn); Joe Henderson (tenor saxophone); Bobby Hutcherson (vibraphone); Billy Childs (piano); Larry Klein (bass); Steve Houghton (drums).
Recorded live at Keystone Korner, San Francisco, California on November 27 & 28, 1981. Includes liner notes by Ed Michel.
Digitally remastered by Phil De Lancie (1996, Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, California).
Personnel: Freddie Hubbard (trumpet, flugelhorn); Joe Henderson (tenor saxophone); Billy Childs (piano); Bobby Hutcherson (vibraphone); Steve Houghton (drums).
Audio Mixers: David Luke; Ed Michel.
Audio Remasterer: Phil DeLancie.
Liner Note Author: Ed Michel.
Recording information: Keystone Korner, San Franscico, CA (11/27/1981/11/28/1981).
Editors: David Luke; Ed Michel.
Photographer: Phil Bray.
Unknown Contributor Role: Joe Henderson.
These four lengthy live tracks, recorded over two nights in 1982 at San Francisco's now-defunct Keystone Korner, feature Freddie Hubbard along with the stalwart tenor saxophone of Joe Henderson and the vastly under-appreciated Bobby Hutcherson on vibes. As is often the case with Hubbard ensembles, the rhythm section is a group of extremely talented young Turks-here Billy Childs on piano, Larry Klein on bass, and Steve Houghton on bass.
Keystone Korner was surely the place to be on those two nights in November. Hubbard, emerging from a decade of more commercial explorations, seems more alive than ever as he embraces old forms. Three of the tunes are his own, including the classic "Red Clay" which eases out of a loose, raucous intro into that infectious funk-jazz groove. Hubbard's soloing is on fire throughout. Henderson's extended cadenza on Thelonious Monk's "'Round Midnight" is a jaw dropper. This Prestige release is as live as it gets.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)(20)
$4.31 Super Savings
An Evening with Louis Armstrong at Pasadena Civic... (CD)(6)
$12.58 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE