Freddie Hubbard Keystone Bop: Sunday Night (Live)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|CYBER SALE:||$17.08 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Freddie Hubbard ~ The Artistry of Freddie Hubbard ~ $10.56
- by Freddie Hubbard ~ Born to Be Blue ~ $10.56
- by Freddie Hubbard ~ Bundle of Joy ~ $13.10
- by Freddie Hubbard ~ Keystone Bop, Volume 2: Friday & Saturday Night (Live) ~ $9.88
- by Freddie Hubbard ~ Without a Song: Live in Europe 1969 ~ $15.78
- Released: October 21, 1994
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Prestige
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Freddie Hubbard (trumpet, flugelhorn); Joe Henderson (tenor saxophone); Bobby Hutcherson (vibraphone); Billy Childs (piano); Larry Klein (bass); Steve Houghton (drums).
Recorded live at Keystone Korner, San Francisco, California on November 29, 1981. Includes liner notes by Ed Michel.
Digitally remastered by Phil De Lancie (1994, Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, California).
Personnel: Freddie Hubbard (trumpet, flugelhorn); Joe Henderson (tenor saxophone); Billy Childs (piano); Bobby Hutcherson (vibraphone); Steve Houghton (drums).
Audio Mixer: Milton Jeffries.
Liner Note Author: Ed Michel.
Recording information: Keystone Korner, San Francisco, CA (11/29/1981).
Photographer: Phil Bray.
Unknown Contributor Role: Joe Henderson.
This Prestige release from 1981 is an unedited recording of the last night of a live Friday-through-Sunday series at San Francisco's Keystone Korner. The famous club is no longer, but the sound of Hubbard and his splendid company that great weekend survives. SUNDAY was put out as the first volume, because the recording on the final night was truer to the sound in the club. However, do not take that as a reason to dismiss FRIDAY and SATURDAY.
The lineup features Hubbard on trumpet, the great Joe Henderson (tenor saxophone), Bobby Hutcherson (vibes), and a seething young rhythm section that would quickly move to the forefront of jazz in the '80s and '90s. The blowing on that night was furious, and it's captured perfectly here. Hubbard's own tunes-"Birdlike" (for Charlie Parker), "The Intrepid Fox," and the funky "Skydive"-all catch fire. The solos exchanged between Henderson and Hubbard on "The Intrepid Fox"-long, passionate explorations packed with leaping phrases and dynamic tension-show these two giants at their straight-ahead best.
Elmo HopeAll-Star Sessions (With John Coltrane, Donald Byrd, Jimmy... (CD)
$14.83 CYBER SALE
Art FarmerEarly Art with Sonny Rollins, Horace Silver and Wynton Kelly (CD)
$9.88 CYBER SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE