- Released: June 3, 1997
- Label: Roadrunner Records
NME (Magazine) - 8/23/97, p.57
"...BLOOD ROOTED is fan-only fare swept straight from the cutting room floor of Beelzebub himself....[It climaxes] with the song to end them all. It is the Manga metal anthem for the next millennium...it is 'Biotech Is Godzilla' and honestly, it f---ing rules..."
- 1.Procreation (Of the Wicked)
- 2.Inhuman Nature
- 3.Policia - (Portuguese)
- 5.Crucificados Pelo Sistema - (Portuguese)
- 6.Symptom of the Universe
- 7.Mine - (with Mike Patton)
- 8.Lookaway - (Master Vibe mix, remix, with Jonathan Davis)
- 9.Dusted - (Demo Version)
- 10.Roots Bloody Roots - (Demo Version)
- 11.Drug Me
- 12.Refuse / Resist - (live)
- 13.Slave New World - (live)
- 14.Propaganda - (live)
- 15.Beneath The Remains / Escape To The Void - (live)
- 16.Kaiowas - (live)
- 17.Clenched Fist - (live)
- 18.Biotech Is Godzilla - (live)
Sepultura: Max Cavalera (vocals, guitar); Andreas Kisser (guitar); Paulo Jr. (bass); Igor Cavalera (drums, percussion).
Additional personnel: Mike Patton, Johnathan Davis (vocals).
Producers: Sepultura, Ross Robinson, Andy Wallace, Paulo Junqueiro.
Engineers include: Jim Lockyer, Steven Remote.
Blood Rooted is an album designed for Sepultura fanatics -- a full disc of rarities and unreleased music, featuring live tracks, covers, and demos. There are several throwaways here, but what's surprising is how many of these songs are worthwhile, particularly a cover of Celtic Frost's "Procreation of the Wicked" and the Mike Patton duet "Mine." Only dedicated fans need pick up Blood Rooted, but they'll find many treasures here. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine