Dizzy Gillespie Alternate Blues (with Clark Terry, Freddie Hubbard, Dizzy Gillespie & Oscar Peterson)
Only 4 copies left
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: October 15, 1992
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: OJC
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
/Freddie Hubbard/Clark Terry/Oscar Peterson.
Personnel: Dizzy Gillespie, Freddie Hubbard, Clark Terry (trumpet); Oscar Peterson (piano); Joe Pass (guitar); Ray Brown (bass); Bobby Durham (drums).
Recorded in March 1980.
Personnel: Dizzy Gillespie (trumpet); Joe Pass (guitar); Clark Terry, Freddie Hubbard (trumpet, flugelhorn); Oscar Peterson (piano); Bobby Durham (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Phil DeLancie.
Audio Remixer: Dennis Sands.
Liner Note Author: Norman Granz.
Photographer: Phil Stern.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Joe Pass; Ray Brown ; Bobby Durham .
This CD is a straight reissue of a Pablo LP. Norman Granz teamed together the very distinctive trumpeters Dizzy Gillespie, Freddie Hubbard and Clark Terry with pianist Oscar Peterson, guitarist Joe Pass, bassist Ray Brown and drummer Bobby Durham for a "Trumpet Summit." This particular release features (with one exception) unissued material from the session. There are four versions of a slow blues (only the fourth was released before), all of which have very different solos from the three trumpeters. In addition they interact on "Wrap Your Troubles in Dreams" and share the spotlight on a three-song ballad medley; Hubbard's "Here's That Rainy Day" is hard to beat. This release is not quite essential but fans of the trumpeters will want to pick it up. ~ Scott Yanow
Count BasieFor the Second Time (With Louis Bellson & Ray Brown) (CD)
$10.56 CYBER WEEK
Oscar Peterson Big 4 / Dizzy Gillespie / Oscar PetersonThe Trumpet Summit Meets the Oscar Peterson Big Four
$17.08 CYBER WEEK
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Harlem Double Feature: Jivin' In Be Bop (1946) / Beware... (DVD-R)
Top ranking titles in the Jazz genre:
- Eddie Harris Versatile Eddie Harris / Sings The Blues (2-CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Mose Allison ...Hello There, Universe (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Herbie Mann Roar of The Greasepaint / Today (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Herbie Hancock Possibilities (DVD + Music CD) ~ 59¢ CYBER WEEK
- The Young-Holt Unlimited / Slide Hampton Oh Girl / Somethin' Sanctified (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK