- Released: November 6, 1991
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Gnp Crescendo
- 1.This Girl's in Love With You
- 3.Medley From "Hair": Aquarius / Easy To Be Hard / Let The Sunshine In
- 4.Don't Sleep in the Subway
- 5.My Name Is Petula
- 6.Call Me
- 7.I Couldn't Live Without Your Love
- 8.Medley From "My Fair Lady": Wouldn't It Be Loverly / I've Grown Accustomed To His Face / Get Me To The Church On Time / I Could Have Danced All Night
- 9.Un Enfant
- 10.Hey Jude
LIVE AT THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL--and unlike Dylan's infamous "Royal Albert Hall" concert, this one was actually recorded in the titular venue--is a 1972 set showcasing Petula Clark in the midst of the middle-of-the-road easy listening phase of her career. Unlike some of her live albums from this period, though, LIVE AT THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL includes renditions of some of her Tony Hatch-era hits.
These versions of "Don't Sleep in the Subway," "Call Me," "I Couldn't Live Without Your Love" and her signature song "Downtown" are MOR adult pop at their finest, string-heavy, with a more gentle swing and jazz-like approach than the original pop hits. While the version of "Hey Jude" is a bit gloppy, the medleys from HAIR and MY FAIR LADY indicate the course Clark's career would take over the next two decades. The graceful opener, Bacharach/David's "This Girl's In Love With You," is a delight.