- New Featurette A Justified Life: Sam Peckinpah and the High Country
- Commentary by Peckinpah Biographers/Documentarians Nick Redman, Paul Seydor, Garner Simmons and David Weddle
- Languages: English & French
- Subtitles in English, French & Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: January 10, 2006
- Originally Released: 1962
- Label: Warner Home Video
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
In this brilliant, moving film directed by Sam Peckinpah (The Wild Bunch
), cowboy icons Randolph Scott and Joel McCrea find roles to match their leathery Western personas, playing aging lawmen hired to guard a gold shipment. They don't have much: a horse each and a couple of dollars. And they have everything: their independence. But the frontier is disappearing - and so is space wide open enough for independent men.
With luck, the two will find space enough for this ride and one last payday. They will also find adventure, including the dramatic rescue of a mistreated bride (Mariette Hartley), gun-blazing shootouts and a life-changing betrayal. Both an exciting Western and a heart-lifting homage to the genre, Ride the High Country is a journey into film greatness.
Ride The High Country (DVD)
From acclaimed action director Sam Peckinpah ("Straw Dogs") comes this tense explosive drama about two aging gunslingers who sign on to transport gold from a remote mining town. Starring screen legends Randolph Scott ("The Last of the Mohicans") and Joel McCrea ("The Virginian"). Co-starring Emmy-winner Mariette Hartley ("Peyton Place"). Inducted into the Library of Congress National Film Registry.