Erroll Garner Campus Concert / Feeling Is Believing (Live)
|You Save:||$1.10 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: July 28, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Telarc
- $0.99 on iTunes1.(Back Home Again In) Indiana
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Stardust
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Mambo Erroll
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Lulu's Back in Town
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Almost Like Being in Love
- $0.99 on iTunes6.My Funny Valentine
- $0.99 on iTunes7.These Foolish Things
- $0.99 on iTunes8.In the Still of the Night
- $0.99 on iTunes9.For Once in My Life
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Yesterday
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Strangers in the Night
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Feeling Is Believing
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Paisley Eyes
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Spinning Wheel
- $0.99 on iTunes15.The Loving Touch
- $0.99 on iTunes16.The Look of Love
- $0.99 on iTunes17.You Turned Me Around
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Mood Island
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
2 LPs on 1 CD: CAMPUS CONCERT (1966)/FEELING IS BELIEVING (1970).
Includes liner notes by Stacey Williams and Martha Glaser.
Digitally remastered by Allan Tucker (Foothill Digital).
Personnel: Erroll Garner (piano); Eddie Calhoun (bass); Kelly Martin (drums).
Engineer: Val Valentin.
Recorded live at Purdue University, Indianapolis, Indiana.
FEELING IS BELIEVING:
Personnel: Erroll Garner (piano); George Duvivier, Gerald Jemmott (bass); Jimmie Smith, Joe Cocuzzo, Charles Persip (drums); Jose Mangual (congas).
Engineer: John Cue.
This release covers both a live concert performed at Purdue University in 1964, and Garner's first album release of the '70s. An eccentric pianist, defying categorization, Garner's career was constantly refueled by his ability to change and adapt to new trends in jazz. As described by Leonard Feather, he was "both contemporary and avant-garde at all times."
Garner's trademark is his unusual, and always fresh, improvisational spontaneity. If Count Basie is best known for his minimalism, Oscar Peterson for his technical wizardry, and Bill Evans for his lush harmonic inventions, Garner is probably best summed up as an unbridled and playful musical explorer. His fearless forays into rugged piano jungles make both CAMPUS CONCERT and FEELING IS BELIEVING fascinating and enlightening music. Highlights include the fast and furious " Indiana," from CAMPUS CONCERT, and Blood, Sweat & Tears' "Spinning Wheel," from FEELING IS BELIEVING.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) TOP 100 Bestseller
$1.98 on SALE