- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 8 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: October 21, 2008
- Originally Released: 1942
- Label: Legend Films
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Bela Lugosi plays crazed scientist Dr. Paul Carruthers, who feels he has been treated horribly by the cosmetics companies and sets out to get his revenge in THE DEVIL BAT. To do this, he comes up with an ingenious--and very deadly--scheme: he trains bats to murder his enemies. Whenever the creatures smell the scent of a perfume he has created, they attack, and Dr. Carruthers makes sure that the targets of his wrath are covered in the fragrance.
Driven by the thrill of vengeance, a crazy scientist devises a particularly diabolical murder scheme. He spent years training a swarm of bloodsucking killer bats to attack their prey of men at any given time. The attraction that these little, flying creatures have to these unsuspecting gentlemen is the smell of their aftershave.
- Distributed by Producers Releasing Corp.
- Additional cast: Guy Usher (Henry Morton); Yolande Mallott (Maxine); Edward Mortimer (Martin Heath); Gene O'Donnell (Don Morton); Alan Baldwin (Tommy Heath); John Ellis (Roy Heath); Arthur Q. Bryan (Joe McGinty); and Wally Rairdon (Walter King).
- Remade as "The Flying Serpent" in 1946 (directed by Sherman Scott and starring George Zucco).