- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: March 15, 1990
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Pablo
- 1.Dream a Little Dream of Me
- 2.My Last Affair
- 3.Baby, Don't You Quit Now
- 4.Oh, Look at Me Now
- 5.The Jersey Bounce
- 6.When Your Lover Has Gone
- 7.That Old Devil Called Love
- 8.All That Jazz
- 9.Just When We're Falling in Love (Robbins' Nest)
- 10.Good Morning Heartache
- 11.Little Jazz - (bonus track)
- 12.Nearness of You, The - (bonus track)
This was recorded in Hollywood, March 1989.
Personnel: Ella Fitzgerald, Harry "Sweets" Edison, Benny Carter, Al Grey, Clark Terry, Kenny Barron, Mike Wofford, Ray Brown and Bobby Durham.
A collection of classic big-band-era performances by possibly the greatest jazz singer of all time, ALL THAT JAZZ is both an excellent introduction to the glory that is Ella Fitzgerald and an archetypal album of vocal jazz.
Fitzgerald's trademark scatting is in full force on these 12 tracks, which are mostly live recordings. Many of the songs feature extended scat solos from Fitzgerald, as well as instrumental turns from alto Benny Carter, trumpeter Harry "Sweets" Edison, and others. The songs range from standards like "Dream a Little Dream of Me" and "That Ol' Devil Called Love" to lesser-known gems like the delirious "The Jersey Bounce" and the exquisitely soulful "Baby Don't You Quit Now." A heartbreaking turn at "Good Morning Heartache" is perhaps the highest point, but it's difficult to pick a single best track among so much flawless material.